1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim Tool for PSTwo

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ldurado15, Mar 1, 2005.

1. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

i was reading else where that you dont have to keep the lid open with the new slim tool. i dont see how that is possible because the big piece is nestled in the back forcing it to stay open. Maybe im doing it wrong.

anyways my problem is i placed all the pieces in the right spots (i think) and im assuming the pstwo has to remain open. well i hit power and im just getting the memory card screen, the swap magic 3.3 wont spin. why does the one piece have to go behind the disc brake? i looked on this site and i havent seen any solutions so i thought maybe starting a new thread would help me out! thx

2. Deborah24

Deborah24 Member

ldurado,
    I am having the same exact problem. The company that sold me the slim tool even stated on their website that the lid can be open or closed, but it looks to me like there is no way to close the lid with these tools. It is very difficult to make sure that you have the parts in the correct locations, because the photos describing the placement are so dark and very difficult to see. Argh!! Apparently, there are several versions of the slimtool, and this version is the pits. I can't even play my original games with these tools in place, because it just doesn't recognize that a disk is even there. Please let me know if you resolve this problem, and how. I will do the same.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can shed light on this frustrating situation.

3. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

yea f*** it...im gettin so pissed off with the new slim...what the hell is the point of it anyways...my laser just got messed up again, for the 2nd time in a month the damn things a piece, im gonna see if i can get one of the old ones, easier to use with the slide tool. SLIM SUCKS!

4. Deborah24

Deborah24 Member

Ok, I found a thread here with a link that will solve this problem. I tried it out, and it worked great! Now, I can also keep the lid closed too.

I would recommend this to anyone with the new slim PS2's. I think it's the cheapest method at only about $3.99, and you don't have to void your warranty. Here's the link:

http://www.jspot.net/ps2.htm

Note: if you get some foam tape, you can throw away that awful part C. I used foam insulation tape.

Hope this helps.

5. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

thanks im def gonna try that out...

6. gotnho

gotnho Member

hey guys where can i buy this tool? i brough one but it look similar to this and doesnt work well. let me know where i can buy this exact kit. thanks.

P.S if you guy havent solve the problem yet then try this. Put in the boot disk and take the part C in and out slowly and try to wiggle it a bit until u hear the laser make noise and the disk spinning. this is what i have to do w/ my kit.

7. JspOt

JspOt Member

gotnho, if your current pieces press down on sensors A and B just fine then I wouldnt recommend purchasing another one. Just do the tape mod on sensor C and you should be fine.

8. gotnho

gotnho Member

heard some people said that when the switches are tripped and differents games are played, the PStwo just lock up after a while. Not sure if this is true that's why i want to have the "external" mod so some time i can "reset" the swiches by removing the kit. That's why i want to buy a different kit so it work well. Tired of playing in the middle of the game and part C get loose.

9. gotnho

gotnho Member

heard some people said that when the switches are tripped and differents games are played, the PStwo just lock up after a while. Not sure if this is true that's why i want to have the "external" mod so some time i can "reset" the swiches by removing the kit. That's why i want to buy a different kit so it work well. Tired of playing in the middle of the game and part C get loose.