1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slim tool v12 question

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by darkness_, Apr 28, 2005.

1. darkness_

darkness_ Member

hey guys...I'm a noob in every sense who just bought a slim tool set from mod-chip.com . Well, I tried to install it last night and although I thought I had installed it properly, my results suggest otherwise.

My question is this: is there any way to substitute something for tool B (the one that blocks the disc break...top right corner)? I ruined mine trying to manipulate it after installation.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

I had the same problem, the damn thing kept falling out...Then when i finally got it in, it actually fell INSIDE the PS2... and "TOOL A" (the one that sits in the front) just didnt fit. I got a little imaginative with it, and used a couple small wads of toilet paper, works like a dream!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  3. darkness_

darkness_ Member

that's incredible.

I know this is probably a stupid question, but you don't happen to have pics of what your substitutes looked like, do you? I just have no idea what it is I'm actually trying to do here.

I think tools A and C are fine for me--it's just tool B that's causing a problem.

4. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

Sorry, I don't, cause my camera sucks.... Just take a small square of T.P. (about 1/2" x 1/2")and wad it up, then pull the disc brake to the right and stick the TP in there.

5. darkness_

darkness_ Member

thanks man.

6. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

I was also trying to use the Staw & Tape method on my slim PSTwo when I first got it and had no luck since the staw would not hit the internal switch. The instructions I had found suggested using a 10cm x 2cm strip of paper and rolling it up real tight, you can then slip it into the hole behind the disk brake and it will hold it back. I ended up not liking that way though becuase you can't close the lid.

I ended up opening the system and taping down the internal switch, reassembling and putting a TP wad into the front sensor and taping it down. Now when I boot I hold the disk brake back for the SM disk and then close it up after I swap the backup. You can also just close it for the SM, open it, put in the back up and close again.

7. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

Hey, whatever works. I just bought my slim PS2 about 4 months ago, so opening it was (and still is) out of the question, for warranty purposes.

8. AtrophyG4

AtrophyG4 Member

I opened mine and never broke the seal, I used it as a hinge. Just be real careful and open it like a book.

How long is the warranty on a system? I thought it was only like 90 days or something, if so you are out of it anyway.

9. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

I bought my system at Wal-Mart, they have a One-Year warranty on all game systems sold, With receipt, of course

10. stivity7

stivity7 Member

my pieces are put in fione and i keep getting tis message when i start the swap magic 3 v 3.3 disk: "Please insert a playstation or playstation2 format disk". What do i do?

11. wflame

wflame Guest

when you use a modchip or something similar it voids your warranty anyway

12. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

Stivity, you might not have the pieces in right, the disc needs to be able to spin while the lid is open (figuring you have a slim ps2)... The swap magic discs are original pressed ps2 discs, so they will load. unless you downloaded them, in that case they won't work.

13. stivity7

stivity7 Member

Benji.....I'm certain the parts are installed correctly. Saw a video that shows exactly how to install it and I'm doing the same things. When I start it up, the lid is open and the disk spins for about 5 seconds, then stops and all I get on the display is "Please insert a Playstation 2 disk....". I suspect it may not be able to read the disk for some reason. Maybe the disk is bad?

14. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

My guess is the problem is Tool "C" (the one near the hinge of the lid)... i had a bunch of problems with it, until i just decided to push it down as far as i could, and tape it down. now it works great.

15. ajlong15

ajlong15 Member

can i use swap magic version 2 with the pstwo and slim tool or does it have to be a later version like version 3.3?

16. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

I believe that the newer versions support more games, but I don't see why v2 wouldn't work for _SOME_ games. In my opinion, the newer version is worth it.

17. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    I had the same problem with the piece that fitted down into the hinge, so i opened up my pstwo and put a small piece of blu tack over the sensor with a small piece of paper on top of it to stop the blu tack sticking to the hinge when the top is closed, this has worked flawlessy for the last few months.
    Hope this helps

18. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi All
    I just found my old S.M. 2.0 disc and decided to give it a go on my slimline ps2 any of the games i have tried so far have loaded / played without a problem, i havent had a chance to try any other ones, but it it is loading far better on the newer ps 2 than it was on my old version 7 using a flip top lid!
    I have tried these games so far without a problem using infiniti samurai - discs burnt at 4 speed.
    Mercenaries
    Ratchet and Clank 3
    KillZone
    Prince of Persia Warrior within
    Shadows of Rome
    BTW I am using a pal sysytem dont know if this will make a difference?

19. benjibonz

benjibonz Member

shouldn't make a difference, because SwapMagic will load both NTSC and PAL.

20. lawsangel

lawsangel Member

i have the new silver slimline pstwo just ordered my slim tool. however looking at the pics for tool c the gap where tool c goes looks diffrent on the silver one...can anyone confirm if the silver one can take slim tool??