1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slim Tool

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by rafaeldb, Mar 20, 2005.

1. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

I just got mine with Swap Magic 3.3, installed all tools where they are suppose to be but is not working right, when i turn on the SM disc doent spin, i have to close the the ps2, then SM reads i open change for my burned copies and none is working.

My question is, since i'm closing and opening thats wahy is not working?

2. Applebag

Applebag Guest

Same here, i'm form Holland and recieved today my ps2 slim , SM 3.3 and Magic Switch.
    I'm certain that I put the pieces of the SM in correctly ..but no disc gets spinning !
    I have tried to put in the pieces differently but no result...even tried tissue mod :)
    So i'm ready voor tape modding now..anyone have any ideas before i start unscrewing ?

Thanks anyway !

(discs are working fine with lid closed)

3. Rosco404

Rosco404 Guest

Ive never used SM discs but i have read around that tool C can give people truble, check your Tool C is sitting correctly? (Tool C is the bit on the hinge)

4. Applebag

Applebag Guest

C is absolutely rock solid in place...according to the descriptions.

5. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

if u got all the sensors hold in place exactly right then the disc should spin with the top open straight away. otherwise do what i did and open the ps2 and superglue the 2 sensors down :)

6. Applebag

Applebag Guest

Yeah, that's my next plan...but i'll rather go for the tape mod :)
    Do you guys know a good-proven tutorial with pictures ?

Thanks !

7. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

Applebag i finaly made it work, it was my c tool, what i did was turn on and keep moving the tool until i found the right place for it, you can hear the motor starting to spin when its on the right place...

If you find a tutorial for the tape mode i want to, if works i might change my tool c so i can close the lid while playing.

8. Applebag

Applebag Guest

So you move it around in the C hole while the psTWO is booting ?...or will the 'engine' start when it's in the right place anytime ?
    Gonna try that now but still have the idea that C is in the right spot..

Any ideas on a good picture tutorial for tape/gluemodding ?...

9. Applebag

Applebag Guest

Eureka !

I taped the C sensor down according to Jspot's manual (cheers m8 :). And my first 'back up' Ace commander works with SM 3.3 !

My advice...drop that stupid C piece and tape ! Big plus; you can close the lid !

10. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

Can you explain better how you taped it?

11. Applebag

Applebag Guest

Sure...just follow the instructions overhere..
    ---> http://www.jspot.net/ps2.htm

Piece A and B are fine, now you can get rid of that horrible piece C and close the lid.

12. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

hmm the ony thing i dont want to do is void the warranty.. not sure if im gona try? how far can you lift the top?

13. Applebag

Applebag Guest

The warranty remains intact if you lift the front up..the sticker won't break and you can without much problems tape the C sensor.

14. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

i'm right now trying to open the ps2, one of the sides (right) is stuck, and i dont want to put too much pression, gona have to find the righ way.

15. rafaeldb

rafaeldb Member

hee just sucessefull did the tape mod, its working great, the only bad news i went on the SM site and saw that they just released the new vesrion, i bought mine one week ago :(

16. -respect-

-respect- Guest

Sorry about bumping the dead thread, but this is important (sort of). For the tape mod I noticed the guy at Jspot.net used some kind of thick tape. Could I use duct tape? Thanks.

17. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

the tape mod is easy to do you dont really need a tutorial, just open the ps2 and put some tape over the sensor so it holds in place, you might need to try a few different kinds of tape (foam backed worked great for me), also unscrew the cd brake and remove it carefully is what i did so it can go back on if the ps2 ever needs returning. and about the clip on the right side... just pull a bit harder and it will come out fine, mine was stuck in bad too and i didnt want to break but the plastic is strong :)

18. -respect-

-respect- Guest

Where exactly is the "CD Brake"? Is it absolutely nessesary that you dissconnect it?

19. -respect-

-respect- Guest

Also do you need to keep pieces A and B in place holding those switches open? If you do, how do you close the lid?

20. Mufc_Rule

Mufc_Rule Regular member

I was going to use tape for the Tool c but after I unscrewed the 6 screws.. the left side opened easy but the right siad didnt and if I pulled harder it looked like it would snap.. so I decided against it..

Is it safe to pull harder as I dont want to break the console.

Cheers