1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline Help

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by GrizlyBum, Jan 19, 2005.

1. GrizlyBum

GrizlyBum Member

Hey everyone, i recently got my slimline modded and it works fine and everything except that is now makes a semi-loud spinning noise after about 30 min of usage. i'm guessing that the fan inside is just working a bit harder to keep the unit cool but what i wanna know is, is this healthy? As i got my unit chipped stright away i'm not sure if this sound is normal or not but it's the same sound the unit will make for about 2 seconds when it's turned on from cold if that is any help.

Also, i'm having trouble finding a production date as it's an Australian 70002 Pal and doesn't seem to have any [4C] or [4D] style code, so instructions on finding the date if anyone knows how would be great, thanks

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Well, is it the fan, or is it the disc? I'd take it to your to modder, and have it checked out, as this sounds like it could lead to serious problems.