1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline Power Button Problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Reckonis, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Reckonis

Reckonis Member

Hey, I recently opened up my ps2 (SCPH-70002)to that swap cd thing and stuck that switch down and things where working fine, but later on when i reopened it the white power button had at some point come off. I have now found the white button but cant put it back on. Is there anyway I can fix it.Oh and the red lights still on just so ya know, so its hopefully not completely effed.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You must solder the switch back on, that will only be possible if the original traces were not damages, if they were, then it might be a little too complicated to fix depending on how difficult it is to find the traces at different spots on the pcb. You might need to purchase a replacement switch/infrared circuit board.

3. y4m4h4

y4m4h4 Member

Nope, you are not completely effed by any means. However, until the problem is fixed you cannot power on your ps2. This nearly happened to me once-- the switch came partway off, and I saved it by applying some epoxy and holding the switch down to the circuit board with a rubber band while the epoxy hardened.

If, somehow, you can make the switch work again by pressing it onto the circuit board, and it works as long as it is pressed down, you might be able to do the same trick with the epoxy and rubber band.

But if you can't get the switch to work at all, you'll probably have to get a replacement pcb for the power switch assembly. One such item can be found here, check other sites before you buy. If you look at how the power switch's circuit board is connected to the rest of the ps2, it's just a little ribbon cable that plugs in somewhere, no sweat.

(In the meantime, I have the same model ps2 as yours, and if I ever get my homework done I'll test out an idea I have...)