1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slimline ps2 and swapmagic 3.3 problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nv26, Jan 2, 2005.

1. nv26

nv26 Member

Hi,

I just bought the new slim ps2 and am having problems playing my backup games using the swapmagic 3.3 DVD. I have followed the straw and tissue mod from www.swapmagic3.com. I have no problems booting the ps2 with the swap disk and also do not have a problem swapping in my backup DVD. My problem is that the initial screen for my games show up but then it never gets past that screen. It simply stalls. Once in a blue moon I get into the game but it will either just stall at another part of the game of the game where loading occurs (EA NHL 2005) or my map will just go all white and I have no choice but to die (Call of Duty)

Has anyone else faced these kind of problems. and does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong. Suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

2. SLaCkHaT

SLaCkHaT Member

Well friend I would break down and get the ghost clip/switch from clearxbox.com. I dont trust the straw and paper mod they wanted you to use. Second I hope you didnt use a super glu for your straw mod. I have the same setup and mine works great. I use 120% with an NEC duel layer burner and swap magic 3.3 I would say last make sure you are using a DVD-R media.