1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline PS2 from hell!! :) Please help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ndev, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Ndev

Ndev Member

Hi guys,

Ok... I've got a slimline PS2, had it chipped with the infinity chip.

Played all my backup games with no problem, on all sorts of media.
    I rarely used the PS2, it was more like a weekend toy, so its still in a VERY new condition.

One day (and ever since) , it either doesn't load my backups, and if it does it stuters... video and audio... gameplay is ok once its loaded, but the audio is struggling.

Originals still play with no problem, at all.

First call of action, reburn and retest... same problem, with all burn speeds, and all types of media.
    Second thing... Had the guy who modded it for me, he said the chip shouldnt fail, he insisted that the laser may be on the way out.
    I've told him that all my orignials dont have a problem, so how could it be the laser?
    Anyway, he replaced the laser... same problem. Orignals perfect, backups, a nightmare.

Went back, I insisted him changing the chip, and so he's replaced it with a modbo chip... same problem.

So, conclusion... A brandnew condition slimline that has had both the chip and the laser replaced, and tried new burns constantly, with the same aggrivating result, slow game load, terrible audio, or no load up at all.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks

2. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

well you know how to burn games, so ill help you...or at least try.

Use a different dvd burner, preferably HP.

and if that doesnt work, try the disks on another modded ps2.

3. Ndev

Ndev Member

You were on the money, I've tried burning them with a different burner, and on different branded media... and unbelievably to me, they worked... every one of them..

What can I say, im speechless... and thanks... so simple, yet brilliant.. :)

4. simmo2302

simmo2302 Regular member

what burner were u using ??

just so ppl know what to stay away from

5. Ndev

Ndev Member

Gladly!!!

Stay away from LiteOn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now burning with Panasonic... cheap and nasty Panasonic, but I have to tell you, does the trick... btw, Im now using Kodak blanks... I opposed them in the past, I was a big fan of princo's... not anymore.. Kodaks all the way!!!

6. aszbaz

aszbaz Guest

ve the best nec on the market.

7. nixz

nixz Regular member

Liteon Burners are very good. They are a part of the only burners that can booktype. I burn all my games with my liteon burner and burn on Panasonic DVD's and they work flawlessly apart from the occasion one or two which need to be loaded up with Zoneloader as Swap Magic does not support them.

8. dazila

dazila Regular member

Who said Liteon isnt good liteon are great so is NEC,Pioneer, and samsung samsung anyway uses the same chipset as liteon and can also booktype.

9. Ndev

Ndev Member

Ok, I suppose I should know better than to generalise a whole brand name as being bad... I work in the sales industry, and often I see closed minded people saying those sort of things... So I do appologise for going over the top...

I retract saying stay away from LiteOn...

But I can say personally speaking, that the liteOn that I had, let me down... would I buy another LiteOn, I guess I feel the same way most consumers would, burnt in the past once, never buy again...

I think this is the mentality is similar to most people (I see hundreds of consumers a day.. i know), whether it being a mobile phone, or a car... if you had problems with it in the past, you'd most likely look at staying away from that make, and try another...

10. brandonba

brandonba Regular member

I use liteon sohw and i never had issues with my ps2 slim knock on wood i mainly use sony or verbs to burn my chip is magic something.