1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline PS2 Network Connection

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chaamir89, Mar 26, 2007.

1. chaamir89

chaamir89 Member

Hi

I have a slimline PS2 and I want to go online. I have a Linksys Wireless Router with a NTL Broadband Connection. There are ethernet cable slots spare behind my router, should I just connect a cable behind the router then into my PS2 or is it more difficult then that?

Help Please!

Thanks

2. steimy

steimy Active member

well there are two ways to go since you have a wireless router
    1. get a Cat5 Crossover cable http://www.compusa.com/products/pro...t_code=50009554&Pn=CAT_5e_UTP_Crossover_Cable
    which is the cheaper way to go if you are in the same room as the PC.

2. Wireless gaming adapter: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=gaming+adapter&type=product&id=1061127609830
    which is the way i went with mine (Xbox and 360, not PS2)
    It works great with my Linksys wireless router, but then again so does the Cat5 cable i listed which i also have.

As far as set up you can just use the set up disc that should have come with your system. You need just some very basic networking skills, and also will most likely need to know the security information that you set up on the router (or that i hope you set up)
    the official Sony PLaystation site also has some guides and diagrams, which may also be in your users manual.

3. chaamir89

chaamir89 Member

Thanks for replying. I am an IT Technician so I won't have a problem setting up the connection but there is a slight problem....I DON'T HAVE THE NETWORK DISC AND I DON'T HAVE MY PS2 BOOKS ANYMORE!!! Is there any other way to get hold of the disc or can the setup be done without?

Thanks

4. steimy

steimy Active member

5. chaamir89

chaamir89 Member

Thankyou very much my friend...appreciate it.