1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline PS2 ticking sound

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Lockd0wn, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Lockd0wn

Lockd0wn Member

I got a brand new ps2 last week and for the first few days it worked flawlessly. Now it makes a very fast ticking sound that seems to occur whenever the laser is reading something. When the laser is in the process of moving, the sound doesn't happen.

It's sort of like a much quieter version of the sound you would get from putting a playing card between the spokes of your bike wheel. So far it hasn't affected my ps2's ability to read discs, but I'm worried about what it could lead to. Any ideas? I'm thinking about sending it back to sony since it's only a week old.

2. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

The laser does make noise, when moving back and forth etc, but sometimes the ticking sound is the laser trying to focus on the disk, make sure the disks are clean, shouldnt be a problem, does it do this with all games?

3. Lockd0wn

Lockd0wn Member

After some more messing with it, it seems to be much quieter with certain games. So I guess it's just disc related.