1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slimline PS2 w/ Magic Keys, can't close lid

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by g0ds3nd, May 7, 2007.

1. g0ds3nd

g0ds3nd Member

Hi,

I just got a Slimline PS2 about a month ago, SCPH-77001. I installed Magic Keys 2, but now I have trouble playing games. Actually, I was doing fine for a few weeks playing games with my lid open. hehe. But now the PS2 disk will just randomly stop spinning. The reason I have had to play with the lid open is because when I closed the lid, the disk just wouldn't be able to load anything anymore. I know that the problem is not with the disk, because my games worked on my fat PS2 before. Oh yeah and I use Swap Magic 3.3.

Could someone please help me?

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

From what I've heard, it most likely seems to be that your keys are loose. Should double check those keys in case although I must ask this: every time you play for an extended amount of time i.e. an hour or so, does it stop spinning from there or at a more spontaneous moment where it reads one moment but stops suddenly the next time whenever you play? Make sure Key C, the one to the left of the laser, is firmly holding the switch underneath the PS2's lid. Does the game freeze by the way? If the game freezes and the disk stops spinning, I think it might be time for you to think about using the tissue mod and playing with the lid close. Even in the new v15 sliver slim PS2s from my experience and a few others, the overheating issue for it wasn't really remedied imo. The slim PS2 plays nicely for most games when a bit heated but as for more delicate games like my PSX Thousand Arms (mint condition too btw) or my PSX Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo, it would either not load or freeze within a short duration.