1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlimTool, Tool C

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Gamer263, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Gamer263

Gamer263 Member

I don't know if it's just me, but I can NOT get Tool C to fit into it's spot. I'm putting it where it's supposed to be, between the hinge and metal clip, but it won't go all the way down. My finger is actually sore from trying to push it all the way down. Am I doing it wrong or is my Tool C just defective?

2. Stunt2061

Stunt2061 Regular member

just put a piece of tape over tool c and it should work :)

3. recondo

recondo Guest

I ordered the magic tool with my swapmagic discs 3.3 but didnt like the way that they fit so I just used the B tab and taped down the sensor for C then used a small spitwad type paper ball for the A sensor.

4. Gamer263

Gamer263 Member

My problem isn't Tool C popping up though, it won't go down all the way so it presses the switch. I thought there was an imperfection on the plastic, so I tried scraping it off with a nail filer. Even though it seems gone, it still won't fit. I'm thinking about the tape mod, any guideS? Or is there still a way to make my Tool C fit?

5. Gamer263

Gamer263 Member

Unbelievable...I was just toying around with it now and it FINALLY snapped into place! I could...could...*collapses and starts sobbing*. Thanks for the help anyway.

6. recondo

recondo Guest

If you get tired of the lid always being open you can also use a doubled up piece of straw cut to just the right length, and slide it down along the right side of the left lid hinge and close the lid.

7. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

gamer i have the same problem im ready to snap the thing in half cuz im soo frustrated, howd u get it in? jw if u did something special with it and have u been able to close the lid with it? it doesnt look like u can...

8. Gamer263

Gamer263 Member

Idurado, I understand your frustration. After countless times of trying to fit it in, I took a nail file to part of the Tool C because it looked as if it had a small imperfection, like the plastic was raised just a bit on one part of it. I began to try again, though it still wouldn't fit. I'd been trying pushing it in with both my finger and screw driver (which the instructions say to use) but it refused to go down all the way. So, I took a small Philips and pushed on the back of the tool C while pushing on the front with my index finger. I pushed pretty damn hard on it and it went in all the way. Now, I'm not sure if it was the imperfection or just that I didn't use the screwdriver AND my finger before, but first check your's for any imperfections or just do as I did with the screwdriver and your finger. Hope it helps.

9. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

thanks man, well i just flipped out at the people at best buy cuz they wouldn't take back my ps2 i busted (but they dont know that). im guessin something must have hit the lens or soemthing. anyways im gonna try the tape method for part c and see how that goes.

10. jasaund

jasaund Guest

it is tricky, I do feel your pain. The trick is to put it in straight till it stops. Then push it up till it stops, wiggle it while pushing down till it makes contact with the bottom of the case. If yours is like mine, you will have two slots cut into the tool, I compressed them with tweesers while pushing down. Hope this discreption helps.

11. Ednasaunt

Ednasaunt Member

12. ldurado15

ldurado15 Member

well the tape mod has been working fine for the past week or so no problem. if anyone knows of problems coming from the tape mod let me know...