1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slimtool vs. flip top cover ps2 70000

Discussion in 'PS2' started by HaloPimp, Feb 1, 2005.

1. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

does anyone own the new slim PS2 and installed the flip top cover, because i have the slimtool installed in mine but the Ps2 allways thinks it has a disk inside. i just wanted to know how does the flip top work, does it trick the sensors that indicate that the lid is open? or does it open the same as the original lid? the thing is if it leaves the sensors intact then it must work better than the slimtool cuz you won't have to reset the console as much as you do with the slimtool installed.

2. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

The easiest way to describe the fliptop is like this : Imagine your original v12 lid with a hole cut in the middle.

This is pretty much what the new fliplid is. It has all the same functionality as the original lid, but it lets you switch the discs both the normal way (with the eject button) and also by letting you open the top.

http://www.ps2lid.com for more info. If you're still confused, tell me, and I'll post some pictures of my own flip lid to show you.

3. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

thanks for the post. I just ordered the lid and sold the slimtool. I also got told that you can open the ps2 like a book and use the sticker as a hinge so you don't loose the warranty. i will be installing the lid and if it works better than the slimtool tell other newb's like me the way to go with the slim ps2. >>>>swapmagic 3.3 and flip top lid<<<<

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member