1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slipping one past walmart

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dave729, Feb 18, 2007.

1. dave729

dave729 Member

Hey I got a playstation 2 from walmart. I ordered the magic keys II off the internet and when I was installing my magic keys II tool 3 I broke off the little plastic piece that spins the drive. I opened up my ps2 and so I had to take off the warranty sticker. I went to walmarts website and they said returns are good for 90 days and I got mine 2 weeks ago so Im good there. I was wondering if it is even possible for me to exchange mine for a new one even though I took off the warranty sticker. Maybe if I get an old lady working there she won't know anything about it? what do you guys think.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You broke it. It's your problem now, not Walmart's. It's thinking like this that causes all of us to pay for other people's F-ups. You'll get your return and we'll all pay in the end. Good luck.

3. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

Theirs names for people like you. A few come to my mind...

Thief, Con, anyone else got one?

4. steimy

steimy Active member

wow, you have angered the forum gods, LOL

Really i do not think they would take it, the warranty sticker is there for a reason and any minimum wage moron should be able to tell that it has been tampered with. Then again we are talking about Wal-Mart so there is always a chance that the person behind the counter will know nothing about game systems and you can get a refund. Another option would just be to bite the bullet and send it to a mod shop like Teammodders.com to be fix, and have a good quality mod chip installed while your at it to avoid problems again.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2007
  5. dave729

dave729 Member

Thanks for the actual help steimy, I apologize for to everyone though, I didn't know I was causing the economy to go into a depression for returning one ps2 lol

6. steimy

steimy Active member

the only economy that will be effected is Sony's. Wal-Mart will just send it back, it will be refurbished and then resold at a game shop for about $30 less. So Sony loses $30. Not that all the people here are not costing them millions every day with downloads. If people had such high morals then they would not even visit these forums.

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@steimy

You actually think Sony loses any money! The price of the ps2 and all other goods have the cost of shoplifting, shipping breakage and illegal returns built in there nicely, so we actually pay more for the products than we actually should. Sony loses nothing.

8. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

In my opinion he bought it, he broke it, its his problem. No one else should have to pay for his screwup. One returned PS2 will not cause the "economy to go into a depression" but more people think like this/do this and thats what causes probelms.

@steimy,

What do yo mean by this?
    A majority of people come to these forums for valid reasons, not to try and rip companies off or pirate software.

9. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well said Pea

10. joshont

joshont Regular member

i used to work at target and they wouldnt take anything that didnt have a valid warranty, so im guessing walmarts the same.............so your screwed....you could always go to a pawn shop to by a used one, i got one for about $60 and still had the warranty sticker and everything and ran smooth

11. steimy

steimy Active member

PeaInAPod & garmoon
    please do not even attempt to tell me that most of the people here are here for valid reasons. I have been around here answering posts for far too long.

The valid reasons are to mod their system and play "back up" games.
    Now that in itself would be fine, but most of them are not just backing up games they own.

neither of you make much sense, your first two unhelpful posts are about him and how he will hurt the world by trying to return a PS2
    "It's thinking like this that causes all of us to pay for other people's F-ups. You'll get your return and we'll all pay in the end"
    "Theirs names for people like you. A few come to my mind...

Thief, Con, anyone else got one?"

then you rant about how Sony overcharges you and they lose nothing.
    while the other says
    "No one else should have to pay for his screwup"
    that is an oxymoron if i ever saw one.

so which high horse would you like to jump on now.
    Rather than personally attacking the poor guy, why not just offer some advice. If you think returning it is wrong then why not just say what i already said, with a broken warranty sticker it may not be returnable.
    I gave 3 valid options rather than just telling him off.
    1. return it to find that with a broken warranty sticker it can not be returned.
    2. Return it to find that Wal-Mart has untrained employee's who let you (no fault of the customer there. If Wal-Mart wanted to avoid it they would train them better)
    3. bite the bullet (meaning you know you broke it and it is your fault so you'll have to pay for fixing it) and have it fixed by a PS2 shop.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2007
  12. dave729

dave729 Member

Wow I am sure glad steimy is on my side hes laying a verbal smackdown lol. Anyways yea I returned it and I got all my money back so sorry about that. I really didn't have intentions to cause so much anger and hatred, I just wanted some advice or maybe even a simple opinion. I didn't need to hear how I'm such a bad person or Hitler was an angel compared to me. I mean what about people downloading music for free? Thats bad but I'm assuming some of the people that yelled at me downloaded at least one song for free, you are stealing money from multi-million dollar artists you demons!

13. roma360

roma360 Member

[bold]
    This is sad but true. We all like to point fingers at someone else but before we do that we need to look at our own deeds. I know for sure everyone has cheated at least one time, I have. Come income tax, most of us LIE! What about in College, copying during a final exam.
    What about the Sony and Microsoft... where do they manufactured their products!!!! Always in poor countries where the minimum wage is simply silly and indiscriminately underpay ..say at most 40 cents an hour or so, so who is really cheating in huge quantities. Unfortunately we live in this kind of world.

[/bold]

14. goligo76

goligo76 Member

HAHA!!!!

Walmart is the one that is really bringing down our economy not some people that return something. I've returned lots of stuff to walmart in the last several years... lol they probably have a poster with my face on it by now with a warning not to accept returns from me HAHA!!!

Screw walmart they don't even hire a real manager anymore. They let a computer back at their home office decide who comes to work and who goes home and when those people come and go. That way they can hire anyone to be a manager even someone like bush could be a manager there lol. The secret to returning crap is to do it during christmas time since the returns people are so swamped with returns they usually bypass their rules in favor of moving the lines along so they can go home on time. Just look for the reps that seem the most overworked and pissed off and there you go.

Hey you guys want to save the economy? Stop buying made in china and start buying made in america... oh wait thats right nothings made in america anymore because we all waited too long to do that boycott thing didn't we?

15. stavstav

stavstav Guest

you can return anything to wal mart if you talk to the right person

i returned 3 ps2 controllers and a pc game the other day, well they did not even ask me for a reciept

it was so easy

but it all depends on who you talk to

try to make sure it is a total moron, and you should be ok.

plenty of those working at wal mart

16. stavstav

stavstav Guest

jk i love wal mart

i think theres reall intelligent ppl there