1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow and unresponsive

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by G101, May 24, 2016.

1. G101

G101 Regular member

I have a 2012 MacBook Pro 13 inch. Lately it has become very slow and responsive. I've tried everything: the cleaning up, disk repairs etc.
    I have plenty of hdd left (250gb) and my ram is 8gb.
    Any suggestions

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

dying hard drive? do you get a lot of the beach ball thing showing up when it goes unresponsive?

3. G101

G101 Regular member

yes all that time

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

who makes the hard drive, Seagate, western digital or what? get their diagnostic software to scan your hard drive as had to do that for a customer's imac as the hard drive had bad sectors.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

this could be a sensor issue.. if any of the many current sensors has developed a problem the system will become very slow and unresponsive.. there are tools called "apple service diagnostics" which you can boot and they will tell you which sensor is causing the problem.. or it could even be the power resistor which is common to all the sensor circuitry.. I can't tell you where to get the ASD.. but it's out there and there will be a boot image for your particular board and device..

because of the way Apple treat their customers and independent repairers you will have to hunt this software down yourself and deploy it in an appropriate manner.. once you have a list of what's gone wrong with the sensors (assuming not hdd.. slow usually isn't if the drive hardware is checking out on other tests.. really you should be running your OS from a SDD these days on Apple stuff.. just sayin) you can try asking me again and I might help.. question is.. would you know where to find schematics and boardview files for your logic board, and can you microsolder?? often it's a resistor got burned up..