1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Azureus download never a green smiley

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by kn0bb, Sep 26, 2004.

1. kn0bb

kn0bb Member

Hi I downloaded azureus a few months ago and when i first had it i had all green smileys and i mean every single one i never was to see a blue or yellow one but now for some odd reason it just stopped on me. All i get now is just a straight yellow one. It doesnt turn any color i've had this since the last update started and this problem started a few days after i updated i think im not sure. I searched alot of forums for this information but they all lead up to either me not having the same internet modem they have or i just dont know what they are talking about. I have a Westell Modem i just know it doesnt connect to the internet at startup automatically I Dont know the speed but it was going pretty fast before when i had the Green Smileys. I want to know about this Port Forwarding stuff and im pretty sure that's the problem also but i just cant find anybody with my problem or with my westell modem. when i go to internet connections i have 2 Icons one is Verizon Online and the other is Local Area Connection. I try disabling this Local Area Connection but if i do that my Verizon cant get on so yea. I think this might be one problem cause i know i connect only with Verizon. If anybody can help me i would really apreciate it

2. Toiletman

Toiletman Active member

1. Do you have a firewall?

2. Do you have a router?

3. Did you think of using the search function at AfterDawn? There are loads of threads concerning BT with the Westell Modem.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Hey Toiletman I am having the same prob man.I have a linksys super G wireless router,and I disabled my firewall.I went and forwarded my ports in my router to 6881-6889,but still not getting green status.I am wondering if my ports are wrong or not,because I used these same ports for Bittornado,and it always gives me green status.The problem I am having is only with Azureus man.If you could help me out I would appreciate it alot,thanks in advance.