1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Burn with DVD Shrink and Nero

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by bently51, Jan 17, 2005.

1. bently51

bently51 Member

I am using DVD Shrink to automagically burn with Nero but I only get 1x burns. My Plextor 708 burns DVD+R at 8x and DVD-R at 4x just fine from within Nero and Roxio, but DVD Shrink burns at only 1x using Nero.

DVD Shrink 3.2
    Nero 6.6 Trial
    Plextor 708A
    Ritek DVD+R 8x & DVD-R 4x media

The 'allow hi-speed burn with Nero' option is selected (by default) in DVD Shrink options. Maybe it's the trial version of Nero? I will gladly purchase it if I know it will work right.

By the way, if I use Nero 5.5, I get full speed burns. But it requires region free software as well (else it stops at beginning of encoding).

I would like to use the newer Nero because I tend to believe that newer software should give better burns, but I need the speed.

Thanks,
    Bently

2. xboxnub

xboxnub Member

shrink doesnt burn.It does interface with nero to burn but not unless you have nero.
    download dvd decrypter(free): http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd_decrypter.cfm and then.
    You need to redo your disc with dvd shrink, but when it comes time,click backup, where it says select target device hit the drop down box and click,create iso disc image.Down at the bottom of this window youll see a box that says launch dvd decrypter,tick that box and when shrink is done doing its thing,decrypter will open up and burn your disc,all from freeware(ya gotta love that)
    good luck and welcome to the club
    let me know how it goes
    jim

3. ggrk

ggrk Member

Bently,

Its got something to do with UDMA. Some software prompted me to switch on "UDMA" after which my Nero burn returned to normal. I guess some software had swiched the setting off.. Check with the local geek as how to go about it..

Raj
    Bangalore, South India.

4. ggrk

ggrk Member

5. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

Have you tried NINJA DUCK'S reg fix?