1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow comp after startin bit torrents

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by duboy1, Dec 12, 2004.

1. duboy1

duboy1 Regular member

hello. my problem is taht i opened up the ports to download torrents in azeurus, and i get it to download and upload(green smiley face is showing) but my computer seems to .. lag i guess you would call it. Everytime i would click something.. it would delay, and once i get a browser up.. it would take forever to load something on the net. My torrent was only dling like maybe 20kb and upload 10 and i have dsl.. that goes to like 200kb/s. So i dont know what the reasoning is for this? Maybe a port is set up wrong? I have no clue... if anyone could help, i would appreciate it!

2. jdanielsg

jdanielsg Member

yeah i face the same problem too and i even increased the virtual memory for my comp to like 3GB but it still lags... I my download speed varies I find that it works best with less than 4 of them running at one time, and the can range from 30kb up to maybe 90 or 100 kb/s for one or 2 of the downloads. I do not think it has anything got to do with your speed but also the speed of the people who are uploading maybe ? but as u said the comp lags even if i have just 2 downloads running.

I tried the original BT thats like stupid u upload more than u download. this one is more fair, but takes too much resources to run, I wonder if someone could suggest something which works the same but less memory ?