1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Motion DVD Shrink Encoding

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by fryerider, Jun 23, 2007.

1. fryerider

fryerider Member

I have been using DVD Shrink for a long time, but suddenly my encoding is taking much longer than before, probably twice as long or more. I checked my DMA to make sure it hadn't shifted to PIO mode, but it's still set for DMA. So with all my Afterdawn training that is the extent of my troubleshooting ability. Any ideas from my mentors would be greatly appreciated. It's been a long time since I've had to ask a question due to all the great insights I received from this website, but I guess no matter how much experience you get there is more to learn.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Fryerider

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

sounds like you've done the same thing that often catches me out, ie the quality settings left on ?, that one winds me up no end as it always takes me ages to figure it out

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

fryerider, are you doing a disc cleanup and defragging often? (at least once a week) and do you have enough memorey freed up to transcode?

or go ahead and try uninstalling your drive and let windows reinstall it

uninstall and do a clean reinstall of dvd shrink

make sure you have the latest firmware update for your drive too

4. fryerider

fryerider Member

Thanks for the responses.

Creaky - What are "quality settings" and how should they be, and how do I reset them if they are incorrect?

Michael P1 - What do you mean by, "go ahead and try uninstalling your drive and let windows reinstall it"? I'm not sure how to do this. I have 2 gigs of memory, and it has never been a problem before.

Thanks for the help, and please respond!

Yours,

Fryerider

5. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

6. moogman

moogman Member

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I have checked everything that was suggested here and removed it and reinstalled it and still does same thing

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007