1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow shrink encoding

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by cevans, Apr 23, 2005.

1. cevans

cevans Member

I use shrink on a regular basis 3 times a day and average about 20 mins a dvd. I ran into a dvd that had some problems and was told to use dvd decrytor and did. well now that i went back to shrink after using decrytor and shrink is very slow as in 3 times slower. i have uninstalled dycryptor and shrink is still slow. i had this problem before and had to reload windows and start all over because reinstallinig shrink did nothing to help. anyone have a clue as to why this might happen?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cevans
    Go into Device Manager and uninstall the Secondary IDE Channel. re-boot and let Windows reinstall the channel. Sounds like you are going into PIO Mode and it needs to be in DMA. Your OS takes the DMA down 1 knotch for every 6 errors or conflicts it has. See if this helps

3. cevans

cevans Member

Dear Car.mike
    You are awsome. i Was literally minutes away from reinstalling my windows again. and i thought id check the forum one more time. where i then saw your advice and took it adn WALLA problem solved.
    Now i am wondering why dvd decryptor is causing this problem. Thanks again Car.mike

Very Very Sincerely
    Chip

4. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

cevans ,
    I doubt DVDDecrypter is causing the problem. I suggest you d/l a free registry cleaner and try and remove any conflicts there.

What I do when I re-install my OS is I install it and then install my registry cleaner. Run the registry cleaner and then install 1 program. Run the registry cleaner and install the 2nd program. I keep going untill all are installed. This takes a little longer but it is worth it in the long run.

One thing you might try is to always use DVDDecryter to rip the DVD in file mode to the HD then use Shrink. You can also use AnyDVD in conjunction w/ Shrink . I have both but use DVDDecrypter 99% of the time since it puts the whole file on the HD