1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow torrent downloads

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by had_one, Jan 29, 2005.

1. had_one

had_one Member

hey i have cable and i use torrents to download movies games etc. i am using azureus and for some reason my downloads are only downloading at about 10kb/s shouldnt they be downloading at 700kb/s im also with optus and i am using xp pro i dont have a router. if anyone can help me email me plz

Last edited: Jan 30, 2005
  2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

to download at 700kb/s you would need roughly a 6mbit connection .......highly doubtful you can pull at those speeds on bt unless you have very fast pipes .....

not saying you cannot I personally have only topped 300k on bt.....

I personally do not like the bt client you are using .....bittornado I find much better

if its xp pro sp2 you need to patch it to download properly also take ya email out ya post if a spambot picks it up ya won't be amused:)

3. Taintedl

Taintedl Member

I need your help in configuring Azereus:

I have a cable 640Kbps/128Kbps connection and also have Java and Azureus installed with the following configuration:

Incoming TCP listen port = 55301 (Azureus only uses one port)
    Max global upload speed=5KB/s
    Max global download speed=unlimited
    Max upload slots per torrent=5
    Max connections per torrent=50
    Max connections globally=500
    UDP tracker client protocol NOT ENABLE
    UPnP NOT ENABLE
    Autospeed ENABLE
    Tracker on HTTP port NOT ENABLE
    Tracker on HTTPS port NOT ENABLE
    Max simultaneous downloads=1
    Max active torrents=2

On my Linksys Wireless B Broadband Router BEFW11S4 v4 with its firmware updated, I forwarded the port 55301 TCP to Internal IP address 192.168.1.100 the IP of the Intel Pro/100 VE Network Adapter connected to the router)

My Windows XPsp2 Firewall is ON, with the following exceptions:
    Azureus.exe
    Javaw.exe

With these configurations, I can get 1,5-3,1 Kb/s maximum download speed and 12-15 Kb/s upload speed. What may be wrong? Several guys get 125 Kb/s download speed and much more.

Can someone help?
    Tks a lot