1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow Torrent...please help!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by wero21, Feb 26, 2005.

1. wero21

wero21 Member

Hello everyone, here's my problem

I have a 1MBPS Cable internet connection provided by megared (a local Internet service here in Mexico), and my torrent downloads dont seem to get a higher speed then 20 K, i know they should get higher cuz some friends of mine are downloading the same at higher speeds with and equal connection. Here's some information:

I dont use a router
    I'm using WinXP SP1
    I'm using ABC 2.6.9
    I close my firewall and antivirus when I'm doing nothing but downloading
    I leave my PC on all day long (at least on weekends) so it cant be a time zone issue

and that's about what you should know, so if anyone can tell me what to do, i'd appreciate it

2. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

turn off windows firewall, DO NOT i repeat DO NOT turn off your software firewall and AV scanner, you never know what might happen, granting BT access thru your software firewall is all you need to do to let other peers connect to you, if your sure you dont have a router or hardware firewall then you should be set....to test if you are truly connectable i suggest downloading Bittornado to see if the status light changes from yellow to green, if it does then your set and if the torrent is still slow its because there are not enough seeders or because your not uploading enough....but if the status light always stays yellow then you are indeed behind a NAT router or a hardware firewall which is probably in built into your modem(i know my nat is in-built), so you'll have to forward the ports you want bt to use and dont forward the standard bt ports 6889-6??? whatever the standard ports are because some trackers will block those ports and also your isp may be throttling the speed of those ports, use a port range between 42500-61000 those are considered private ports. to find out how to forward ports thru your router/hardware firewall goto http://www.portforward.com

sounds easy doesnt it :/, well it is when you figure it out ;)

gooodluck

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 28, 2005
  3. shiroh

shiroh Guest

if even after port forwarding, you're still on a yellow light than try using a transparent proxy server other than port 80

http://www.proxy4free.com/index.html
    in azureus under tools > options > check proxy and fill er up.

try checking your abc

4. wero21

wero21 Member

Thank you very much, my torrents went green, but they still are below 30 Kb/s, but i'll blame the seeds for that.
    One more thing, i have kerio personal firewall 4, and i can't find where to open the ports, can you tell me?

5. Mick69

Mick69 Guest

good work!
    as i said, when your firewall asks if you want bt to be granted access to the internet simply say yes(full access that is, not just outbound access) and thats all there is to it....to get maximum speed from your connection there has to be at least 10 or more seeds on the torrent.