1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slow Torrent Speeds - No NAT Errors, No Router, No Firewall!

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by intExDK, Mar 27, 2007.

1. intExDK

intExDK Member

Hey Everybody

Yeah, I know... it's the same over again. You've heard it before: "Slow download speeds with torrents."
    Anyway, all I find is the same things about forwarding ports, checking for NAT errors and limiting upload and download to about 80% and 95%.
    Well, in my case, nothing's working. I've tried all the things I can find about the problem:
    - Port forwarding (got no router, so that's not a problem)
    - NAT checking (got no NAT errors)
    - Changing maximum half-open TCP connections with EventID (though I didn't find anything configurable about it in Azureus, as I was told to by the guide/tutorial)
    - Optimizing my internet connection with TCPOptimizer
    - Limiting my upload speed to 80% and the download to 95%
    - Changing the maximum connections per torrent to "u/l speed * 1,3"

I have simply tried everything I can find on this issue, and still nothing has worked. I get around 10-25 kb/s, when I (with my 2048/128 ADSL connection) was hoping for something around 200 kb/s.
    I'm using Azureus, and it's set to use port number 65535 both for TCP and UDP. It has no effect changing the port, since I've also tried running it configured to the standard 6881. Needless to say, I ofcourse download torrents with proper peer/seed ratio, and the one I've been testing settings on lately, is one, which a friend of mine downloaded with about 115 kb/s on average, and I still only get about 15-20 kb/s, though he has a slower connection than me.
    I don't know what to do at all, and I've been settling with this problem for too long. I want to try and fix it now. Please help, anyone who can...

~intEx

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

3. intExDK

intExDK Member

I've now tried the encryption guide, to shake off the ISP's, but that didn't help either (I'd already tried most of the steps it described). I also tried the "Max out your speeds with uTorrent" guide - no result.
    So, I'm still searching for help. Anyone?

~intEx

P.S. Thanks for the help The_Fiend!

4. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Last possible idea, with all encryption set on, try using port 1720.