1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SLOW VIDEO TORRENT PLAYBACK

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by stupida, May 26, 2007.

1. stupida

stupida Guest

okey to start things off, whenever i play .avi torrent file trough media players its always slow and i mean its always in slow motion!!!! i dont know where to fix this problem.... should i change my torrent configurations or is my internet access slow or maybe the file that i was downloading is corrupted, 2 out of 3 this has happened but in 1 case the other file is running smoothly but the voice didn't match like a Chinese being dubbed

2. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

I has nothing to do with your media player configuration. It all depends on what type of playback codecs you have installed on your system. Sound being out of sync, slow play back, encoded in pal or ntsc also has alot to with video playback. It determines how many frames it plays or drops per second. The video wasn't encoded correctly by whoever created the file. You can try using VirtualDub see if you can fix the playback problem but it dont think it will correct it, like i said i think it was encoded incorrectly.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  3. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

You should of posted this thread in the video forum.

If your streaming that file over a internet connection to view on your pc and do not have a broadband connection, you'll get slow playback. It wont play even, a few frames per second perhaps.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  4. stupida

stupida Guest

SORRY I KNOW I POSTED IT IN THE WRONG THREAD I HAD OPENED MULTIPLE SCREENS AND I DIDNT NOTICE IWAS IN THE XBOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO SORRY

so the program klite, just wont do i have to find other codecs to install.... THANKS FOR THE REPLY

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Sorry, are you playing this through the Xbox or on the PC? I'm confused now!?

If you are getting slow playback on the Xbox, your network is crap!

6. stupida

stupida Guest

dont worry about it, im trying to play it in the pc but its still choppy, i guess its with the configuration, but now i copied it to the xbox and it works perfectly so this is my alternative hehe, i download it in the pc then i copy it to the xbox, then i use xbmc to play it.... just hope i can figure out how to configure my pc

p.s.
    thanks a bunch for the replies