1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slower than Swarm Average

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by silverq, Jun 30, 2007.

1. silverq

silverq Member

Hello,

Tried working this problem out on my own and by reading threads, but can't work it out. Help please.

I am running Azureus 2.5.0.4

Trying to run 1 torrent with 41(50) seeds and 62(100) peers

No NAT problems (all green) plugged directly into the modem.

Changed the listening port to 49168

My ISP claims to give me 3 M/s dowload and 256 upload. I ran tests and i am only dowloading at 1.5 M/s and uploading at 152 kb/s

So, i read through all the threads i could find, and tweaked my settings. It's better than it was. But....

The swarm average hovers around 80 k/s and even gets up to 150 k/s but i can't seem to push above 30!

Any tweaking suggestions would be apreciated.

-Thank you

2. vette74

vette74 Member

Turn on RC4 encryption (Tools/Options.../Transfers/), and install the "Auto Speed" plugin. It will constantly update your upload speed based on server latency.

3. silverq

silverq Member

Ok,

I turned on RC4 encryption and installed the "Auto Speed" plugin.

Still, my download speed is painfully slow Swarm average is again hovering in the 80-100 range for the torrent i am downloading, but i can't get above 10.

What next?

4. vette74

vette74 Member

I would google some IP address blocklists to make sure your IP isn't part of one. (Bluetack, etc.) Is you ISP part of the "bad" list??? Check here:

http://www.azureuswiki.com/index.php/Bad_ISPs#United_States_of_America

Also, pause that torrent and try another one with relatively the same amount of seeders. If all torrents you try to download run slow, your ISP is probably screwing you.

5. silverq

silverq Member

I am in Israel, and there were no israeli ISP's on the wiki. I did check on the web for my ISP and found that they are apparently throttling p2p downloads. http://www.zeropaid.com/news/1441/ISP+in+Israel+restricts+file+sharing+bandwidth

Now, and interesting twist. I can get up to 40 on 1 download. If I download 2 torrents, i can get up to 40 on each! What the heck is going on here? (I am way below swarm average for each torrent)

6. vette74

vette74 Member

I would say thats definitely your ISP. Only thing you can do other than switching ISP's completely... is be patient :)

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member