1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowing down the burn speed for VCD?

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ll33, Oct 14, 2004.

1. ll33

ll33 Member

I have been trying to make some VCDs lately. They come out fine if I burn the image to a CD-RW (4x burn.) However, with a CD-R, the burn speed will not go slower than 8x, and the VCD comes out with a bunch of imperfections. I've tried Nero, Roxio, and Burnatonce, to no avail. Is there a way to slow down my hardware? I have an LG 40x12x40x CD writer.

Thank you for your advice!!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Probably 8X is the minumim speed for your hardware. Maybe the speed it comulsory lower for CD-RWs, and therefore you can burn them 4X.
    To lower your speed, you can try the unregistered version of CDRWin which, since is unregistered, will record the image at the minimum speed (virtually 1X, but it's not true).
    You will need a BIN/CUE version of the image, though.

But, ad I'm afraid of, if your hardware cannot slower its burning speed, I suggest you to change the media. Maybe on a more expensive CD-R it works better.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Read forum rules!
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487[/small]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004