1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slowly modding my xbox, but i'm stuck again

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Jay_lee, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

first off here is my info again, I have a Xecuter2.6 LITE CE i have my setting on the switch as " Bank 1 2 - mine is set to 2 (1 makes my box fash on and off three times and then it stays off) Flash Portect (i keep it on, just to be safe) and Chip Enable (On) when i do this i see:

FlashBIOS 3.0.3
    For help visit Team Xecuter (http://teamxecuter.com/flashbios/)

HDD: ST310014A 3.09 10.242GB
    DVD: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SDG-60SF

Enable Network Flashig
    Load BIOS from HDD (C:\BIOS)
    Load BIOS from Disc
    Unlock HDD
    Lock HDD

My Xbox is a 1.6 model

k: 1.00.5838.01
    d: 1.00.5960.01

I have done the mirc and FlashFXP stuff and got ahold of rar. file (EvolutionX M8plus Bios) that has 2 files
    1. M8plus.bin
    2. M8plus_16.bin (there is no "." between the 1 and the 6 in "_16.bin")

I also found a file named EvolutionX M8plus Bios.sfv, i have no idea what this is but it was in the FlashFXP folder along with the .rar

I did the stuff in a xbox-sceen tut that involved EVtool_1.0.9 (Though i didn't change anything in here) x2bm_v23 (when i chose M8plus_16.bin the tittle still said unknown but everything under the tittle was fine) and dummy11. I saved the file as BIOS.bin (its exactly 1.00 MB)or what ever it told to to save it as, but now i can not figure out how to make a nero dvd. I have Nero Express 6, the app is called Nero StartSmart. after i get this BIOS on my chip, i then get a dashboard, after, i don't have to do it now right?

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Right but it would be wise to get the new dashboard right now because your xbox will only boot up to the xbox dashboard and I don't htink you want that. also is your xbox a ver 1.6? (if you installed the chip then you would've had to have done a lot of wireing to mod it, if you had someone else do it you can open you xbox and then check it out to see what ver you have) because you shouldn't use the evox m8 bios on other ver (no matter what to me) but you should use the xecuter 4381 (or whatever it's called) or evoxm7 it's the same thing but when I was using my evoxm8 whenever I would boot up it would freeze lol. And the bank 1 is doing that because more than likly your points are good or something on the modchip that's causing it to frag.

Ya ttyl lol,
    Degalle

3. Jay_lee

Jay_lee Member

yes i do have a 1.6, onthe motherboard i have a chip with the xbox loga and the other says samsung, the tut says thats a 1.6 xbox. So you think i should not use EvolutionX M8plus Bios but xecuter 4381 evoxm7? can someone point me to a tut on how to flash from network flashing?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  4. mdsup

mdsup Guest

1.6 xbox you MUST use the m8_16 bios...did you rename the bios? if you flash from a disc you must rename the bios.

rename it to: bios