1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sly card help please

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by deiseman, Sep 11, 2013.

1. deiseman

deiseman Member

okay heres my problem I have 2 sly boxes and one has a sub and the other has the freeview channels on its main menu bbc itv 123 and so on but I brought the skybox down that has the freeview channels on it and by mistake I put the card that has the sub in it now when I put the box that has freeview on it up stairs again it does nt show the freeview on the all channel s even after I put in a card that I bought that changes the menu could anyone help me please thanks

2. fintannl

fintannl Regular member

What you describe is a specific sky issue. Ring them and they will sort

3. piopat

piopat Active member

sky boxes essentially are designed for the uk , so when they are being used in the uk just to watch free to air channels they will have a default epg setting . this setting is
    bbc1 101
    bbc2 102
    itv 103
    ch4 104
    ch5 105

and so on , if you put an irish sky subscription card into that box the epg changes , and will look like this
    rte1 101
    rte1 102
    tv3 103
    tg4 104
    3e 105

it appears you are saying that you no longer have the uk channels as above but instead have rte /tv3 etc . this is easy to fix , press and hold in the backup button on the box (keep pressing it ) then unplug the box (keep pressing the backup button) then plug the box back in and then release the backup button . you may or may not see an update screen after that , this process can be used to update your box or to remove rte/ tv3 etc and set bbc1 at 101 and bbc2 at 102 and so on , the process takes a few minutes so be patient and have a cuppa and when the box is ready it will switch itself back on . if you ever want rte back on the box all you have to do is insert the card again .