1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sly cooper 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jiveturky, Feb 12, 2005.

1. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

Sly Cooper2 is actually the first of my backups that I played through some instead of just confirming it would load to see if it burned well, and it freezes when it comes to one of the cut scenes.

Actually, I did test dance dance revolution also, and the loading screens took longer than normal, as well as the songs did not play on the selection screen. doesn't bother me, but it is still a notable difference.

I burned it using verbatim8x +rs, at the lowest speed it would go 2.4x, since the ritek8x-r(media code ritekg05) and verbatim4x-r (MCC 01RG20) are not recognized as games by my ps2.

It plays -r movies just fine, so it is capable of reading both formats, so I wonder if I should retry on +r, since that is the only thing it works on, and if it reads that disk at all it should be fully compatable, or try -r verbatims, since the -rs I tried before do have an mcc code, but it is different from the +rs of mcc 003.

Would it make a difference if I burned it to -r at 2x, since that is such a small speed difference?

I suspect the -rs I was using before didn't work because of the media code, but I wonder if it really matters to switch the format since my ps2 does read both.

Sorry if I repeated myself, just want to be clear.

These foruma have been very helpful.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

3. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

anybody?

4. DBZB126

DBZB126 Regular member

try DVD-R from ritek.

if it still dosent work, then the problem is with the game.

5. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

I already did.

the problem is NOT with the game, this happens with ratchet and clank also.