1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slysoft AnyDVD Update or What? All Praise Afterdawn!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by LRosSo, Jan 24, 2007.

1. LRosSo

LRosSo Member

I'm sorry I just have to vent a little. I've been using AnyDVD and
    DVD Shrink well over a year now with absolutely no problems. I still consider myself a newbie and it was these 2 pieces of software that allowed me to do that. But after this Saw 3 fiasco, I found myself trying 10 different methods with all new software. I finally successfully backed-up my Saw 3 (Full Movie, Menu, Special Features)
    using the RIPIT4ME method.. And thank you so much to all of you that stated over and over again that was the way to go.. But really where is the Slysoft AnyDVD update already???

Thanks Again Afterdawn!!

2. onya

onya Guest

If im not mistaken, the current version of AnyDVD is 6.1.0.7?

There are obviously the odd occaision that a certain app will not handle ALL requirements, but you made a successful backup, and this shows that you used your ingenuity skills.

Rather than get a little steamed, give yourself a pat on the back! After 10 different methods... you deserve it.

Cheers.

3. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

I still contend that somethings up at Slysoft, ok SAW III was tough and I purchased an early DVD release. But the actual DVD release has come and went and strangely enough Slysoft has not decided to release an official AnyDVD update (Not including the beta releases). I mean I paid for my software and like many I have praised Slysoft for proactively addressing encryption conflicts and now they seem to take a work around approach with a recent series of beta updates? CloneDVD2 current update 2.9.0.3 is more than capable of handling SAW III, a little tweeking I assumed of AnyDVD and everythings a go. Not so, Slysoft stalled on a resolution? Just seems a little strange.:p

4. onya

onya Guest

Pls understand that this in no way rushing to the defense of Slysoft, I just assumed that the last two or so updates that came in very quick succession, were an honest attempt to get AnyDVD out there to cope with the latest releases sold over the christmas break. Apparently this is not the case, there are a few miffed Slysoft fans out there, no doubt at all.

At first glance, you could be lead into thinking with the ensuing fiasco as you say, that this movie is/was the best thing to hit the silver screen. How wrong can one be? Btw, when were you able to purchase SawIII? Looks like I missed out on all the fun of posting multiple help threads.....Mods won't agree on that one for sure.. ;)

As I'm still fairly new to AD, this exitement around a single release had me puzzled and amused. It was absolute chaos there for a while wasn't it?..LOL (sorry mods)

Cheers.

5. Franster

Franster Member

There are no problems at SlySoft. James (the developer) is waiting for his DVD to arrive since looking at the ifo files hasn't been good enough. Until then, he's doing what he can to help people with their own random errors.

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Give slysoft a break. The disc that is causing all the trouble just came out Tuesday in States. The currrent version of AnyDVD did the movie only with cloneDVD. Even ripit4me had to have an update of FixVTS to work properly. Slysoft will get it fixed permanently. maybe that's why they have posted un unbetas versions yet. They want to get it right. If by next week no progress then I would be upset.

7. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

The thing that got me is the serious attempt that Arccos has made with the last few new releases that they have provided encryption to and really throwing curve a ball (again, Arccos is serious). Now my real concern with AnyDVD is the encryption storm from Arccos as I put it, is not over. I have recently purchased a couple of new future SONY releases with something new and difficult all over again from Arccos. I will refrain from even mentioning the title. But this Arccos encrypted title distributed by SONY shuts down your optical drives which as a result of the Arccos PuppetLock your drive does not recognize the disc or movie in your drive. AnyDVD, CloneDVD2, Vob Blanker 2.1.3.0b4, SHRINK 3.2 all freeze up. The freeze seems to be temporary as I was able to use my DVD+RW drive in the same PC which I rarely use as I have a external DVD-ROM drive that produces my back up disc.

Now I've read where this has happened to people with releases I've had no trouble with. Some may say I need a firmware update. I finally was able to back this title up with RipIt4Me in combination with DVD Decrypter in "Wizard Mode" I then used NERO Recode2 w/AnyDVD 6.1.1.1 in the backround. Don't mean to leave you guys in suspense but at risk of causing confusion and ranpid thread posting before this titles released, I'll keep the real details to myself. Just a hint of what's to come. Oh, and please rule out that I'm incapable. I'm so pro at this.:p Another interesting fact is I tried again to back up this title while writing this post and was unsuccessful?;P

Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I love the challenge. Bring it on! Saw3 lost and the next ones will lose also! Tuesdays may get exciting again. DRMs are a joke.

9. mcmenace

mcmenace Regular member

Anybody else having problems accessing slysoft's website???
    or is it just "one of those things"?

mcmenace

10. JVC

JVC Active member

No problem here.........
    Hey mcmenace. Haven't seen you around in awhile.

Sometimes, bookmarks have quit working for me.
    Try manually typing the address in, and see if you can get there that way.
    Good luck!

11. AlBundy

AlBundy Regular member

garmoon I believe you got it right when you Tuesday maybe exciting again!!!!

12. mcmenace

mcmenace Regular member

@JVC

Things have been going so smoothly up until saw3, I pretty much just checked out newsletter. I did type in addy, however have satellite and it's snowing so that could have something to do with it. Just seemed odd what with their lack of update for saw3, then being unable to access site.....thought maybe trouble was a-brewing there. Glad that's not the case. BTW......hope all is well w/you and yours. Have a safe and prosperous 2007.

take care
    mcmenace

13. paschal93

paschal93 Guest

@N2DVD
    Let's see could you be talking about title,
    Open Season Release Date 01/30/2007 Sony
    The Grudge 2 Release Date 02/06/2007 Sony
    Running with Scissors Release Date 02/06/2007 Sony
    Man About Town Release Date 02/13/2007 Lionsgate.
    If I was a betting man I say The Grudge 2.

14. N2DVD

N2DVD Regular member

Running with Scissors Release Date 02/06/2007This is one of them.;) "Open Season" has been addressed already it's the same as the movie ending in "III". Don't want the mods to close this thread too.:p

15. RuPtUrE

RuPtUrE Member

Bring on the tuesdays!! We will rip all and any dvd coming out on tuesdays!! There is nothing sony can do i repeat there is nothing can do to help cope with the back-up issue. They have already lost the psp battle with there dumb messed up firmware updates. I know this cause im running a custom firmware (3.03 oe-c). So they lost on psp. They will lose on dvd's as well. R.I.P "SONY!!"