1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SlySoft's AnyDVD v3.6.1.1 + InterVideo DVDCopy 2 Platinum

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by BlkPnthr, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Can someone please tell me how I can get these two programs to "talk" to each other? I've started AnyDVD, waited for icon, started DVDCopy 2 and it tells me my DVD is Copy-protected and won't let me get any further. I've started DVDCopy 2 and then AnyDVD and same thing. AnyDVD is working fine with other programs and I do have a different combination of programs to get the same results however, people have been ravving about how good these two programs work together and I'd like to try it for myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

2. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

In reference to my opening post, SlySoft DOES NOT support Intervideo DVDCopy 2, here is a link to their FAQ's which answer's this.

http://www.slysoft.com/en/faq.html/FAQ_10_50

" Will my software work With AnyDVD?
    There are few incompatibilities known with software from Pinnacle and InterVideo. Generally AnyDVD works with all software. It does not 'hack' the application like other tools. It works on driver level. So other software does not have to do anything with the decyption. We have good results with Elby's CloneDVD. "

Thanks

3. siber

siber Regular member

I have now followed Afterdawn Forums for a few months. Although I am not at all an expert in regards to video and audio software, I have a little familiarity with DVD rippers, etc. I have used SHRINK, Decrypter, CloneDVD, DVD cloner, CLAD DVD, DVDXCopy, DVDCopyXpress, Nero, AnyDVD, DVDIdle Pro, SmartRipper, etc.. I've looked into encoding DVD's to Divx, VCD, SVCD, DVD+/-R and RW etc. Other than for the gymnastics of it, I see no use for VCD and SVCD. I know, unlike Divx, you can play them on most DVD players. With the cost of DVD media at $1 and CD's at 15-25 cents, I cannot imagine why not just burn every back-up to DVD. Divx may be quite nice if you can/could use it to put 4-5 movies on a DVD and if it was just a little simpler...Just check out the guide to Afterdawn guide for DVD to Divx transcoding. It gives me a headache... But Divx quality is really pretty good and certainly better than VCD or SVCD. I also cannot understand why anyone would want to transcode Divx, VCD or SVCD to DVD...Except of course for home movies and other obsolete media that would not be available yet on DVD. I have 300 old LaserDiscs, anybody wants to buy them or transfer them to DVD?
    After trying a bunch of software, I've decided that SHRINK is essential. Although not the only program to do this, it is the easiest one to make a selective back-up of a DVD. It lets you preview and choose every part of the program and 'shrink' it to a 4.7Gb DVD+/-R-RW and do it so logically and simply. If the program had to be bought, I'd value it as highly as the absolute best. Another program that is absolutely the best in its class is Intervideo's DVDCopy2. The quality of the transcription is extraordinary, it is very fast, it is very simple, it is very versatile: it lets you do '1 click' transcoding to VCD(!?why bother), SVCD(!?why bother), Divx(!!) as well as single AND double layer DVD. Although I read above that BlkPnthr had compatibility problems with DVDCopy2 and AnyDVD, I have had no such issues. I have been able to back-up my personal DVD's using AnyDVD with DVDCopy2 without having had any difficulties at all.
    If I had to choose just 3 software programs, I would get SHRINK (FREE!+ very useful when choosing from many different options), AnyDVD ($39) and Intervideo DVDCopy2 ($80). This would still cost me less than the old 321 DVDXCopy 'metal' suite. The combo of AnyDVD+DVDCopy2 allows: EASY multiple media transcoding, removal of encryption, it is ready for dual layer DVD and copies are the best I have ever seen. Many other programs are very good but none is better or easier.

4. MysticE

MysticE Active member

I use AnyDVD 3.2.1.1 with IC8, InterVideo 1.2 and 2 with no problems. Haven't seen the need to update to a newer version.

Try letting the DVD play a bit in your player first.

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  5. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I had let it play for about 30 seconds. If the two programs are "talking" to each other, it would be a "misake" as I have written confirmation from both companies that the two programs aren't "talking" to each other at this time. If it works for you, that's great.....doesn't work for me. 'Tis okay though, have many other options. Just thought I'd give it a try.

6. MysticE

MysticE Active member

7. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

I have some freeware (DVD Decrypter) as well as some pay-ware (DVD2One). That is just the tip of some of the programs. I appreciate the link anyways..

8. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

First time I read your post, didn't realize you were using an older version of AnyDVD. Might explain why I am having difficulties. I am using v3.6.1.1. I wonder what the difference is between the two of them? I might have to revert back and see what sort of results I have.

Will get back to you.

9. BlkPnthr

BlkPnthr Guest

Okay, well, I removed v3611 and re-installed v3211. You are right, it did remove the protection however, wasn't able to add/remove options. Only allowed me to copy the entire DVD (DVDCopy Plat.2), with v1.2 however, was able to make some selections however, when it came to audio, gave me 3 audio choices but, wouldn't describe which choices they were (i.e. 6-channel, -2-channel, DTS, etc.). Not exactly what I was looking for as there are other programs out there that are more "customizable", i.e. Nero's Recode, CloneDVD. DVD Decrypter + DVD2One and let's not forget DVD Shrink.

If this works for you, then keep it up, not quite what I had in mind so, will continue to utilize my other options.

Thanks for your input....:)