1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SM 3.3 and SMBOOT file

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by nemesiskm, Dec 18, 2004.

1. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

HHEEEEELLLLLPPPPPP,I have tried every method that I know to modify the smboot file from the swap magic 3.3 guys but to no avail.If I burn the pre-made ps2.iso image everything works just fine but boots to the naplink screen automatically.When I try to modify the image my ps2 just boots to a black screen when trying to load the smboot disk that I burned.I have modified the file.lst and deleted some files and renamed others to correspond with the modified file.lst and still nothing but coasters.I am trying to add the HDA.elf and end up with my memorycard having HDA and cdloader only on it.Below is what my FILE.LST looks like:

FILE00=icon.sys;1(CONFIG)
    FILE01=IPCONFIG.DAT;1(PS2LINK)
    FILE02=SMBOOT0.ELF;1(HDA)
    FILE03=SMBOOT1.ELF;1(CDLOADER)
    FILE04=SWAPMAGIC.ICN;1(ICON)

I deleted the other files from the smboot folder and renamed the above files to match the file.lst.but still no boot.If someone out there has a swap magic 3.3 smboot tutorial it would be most appreciated.If you need me to post the step by step of what I did including the programs I used please let me know an I will post it...Thanks,Nem

2. nemesiskm

nemesiskm Member

3. Ten18

Ten18 Member

hehe bump.
    If no one knows what your talking about how on earth can they help you. you will need to post the step by step instruction of what you did and the programs you used.

4. tacticz

tacticz Member

mate can you plz explain how you did what you have done like wat appz u used etc.. cause i have the same problem