1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SM 3.3 Pal or USA ?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Potenza, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Potenza

Potenza Member

Are there 2 versions of SM 3.3 ? as in PAL and USA?

or will SM 3.3 boot up USA AND PAL games in a NTSC PS2 slim V12 ?

Thanks

2. shine87

shine87 Member

Im pretty sure there are 3 versions > PAL, NTSC USA and NTSC JAP. If you got a ntsc sm you could play pal imports n backups im pretty sure ;) vise versa

3. Potenza

Potenza Member

Sounds good, I got scared after reading an other post where the person was stating he had PAL SM discs and they did not work on his ps2 :/

thanks

4. kinza

kinza Regular member

you can play pal games on ntsc ps2 with smd but the problem is the tv. you need a converter or a multi-region tv to be able to view the games properly. if you don't have the right stuff the image will constantly flicker and will be in black and white.

5. shine87

shine87 Member

Yeah, But most new tvs are PAL/NTSC Compatible now. This is such a bitch i live in Australia which uses PAL and i have a JAP(NTSC) console and want to play PAL games but inorder to play you need to mod chip right well i dont wanna go buy a mod chip cause its so expensive here :( So i have to order a JAP Swapmagic disc from overseas arg...