1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SM DVD Disk Problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Eyebolt, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Eyebolt

Eyebolt Member

I posted this elsewhere...just to later find out it better fits here. By the way...there's a lot of clicking going on when it tries to load the DVD disk.

I just got myself a fliptop and swap magic CD and DVD discs...and I seem to be having some issues. I goto load up with my Swap Magic DVD and there's a lot of sounds of it trying to go...the PlayStation2 title pops up...but then it reverts to the browser. It reads the disc there...and gives me the choise to select it, I do so...and sometimes it will continue on and actually work to the Insert Disk prompt, or it will revert back to the browser and I can try again...and again. So sometimes it will boot...sometimes it won't.

So on the times I would get the insert disk prompt, I had several things happen from there. To start...after putting in my back up of FIFA 2004 and hitting X...it gave me the red boarder. Tried it again...and this time it went blue and started to load the game...but froze on it's first title screen. Then the next time got it going the game fully loaded...and I actually got to play. However...the sound would skip...and there were really long pauses in gameplay whenever it would switch to showing a video (like instant replay or the refs).

What's going on??? Is my lens maybe dirty...should I adjust something???

Thanks

2. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

clean your lense and if it still happens try adjusting the laser angle, you need to use the white cog at the back of the dvd drive, on some versions you will be able to see it when you lift the lid on your flip top, but if you can't see it you will have to remove the top of the case

3. Eyebolt

Eyebolt Member

cleaned the lens...initially that helped...a little.

It didn't sound like it was jamming back and forth as much. However...it was still slow loading and jerked on sound/video.

I tried adjust the white cog...but I only did it a little bit...not even a full revolution. How much might it need to be adjusted???

4. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

you should adjust the laser angle by turning the cog 1 notch at a time and test it each time, try it clock wise and if it's still no good try it counter clock wise

5. Eyebolt

Eyebolt Member

wow...one notch at a time??? I read in some places where they say one revolution at a time.

6. zxspeky

zxspeky Regular member

if you turn it one revolution at a time you will be turning it back to the position you started at!

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

zx is right, turning the cog 1 revolution would only bring it back to the same position...Pointless.
    Just try 1 notch at a time until the game works.