1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sm3.3 with ps2v7

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by jiveturky, Feb 5, 2005.

1. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

I asked this a couple of months ago, when the 3.3 disks just came out so nobody had them.

Seeing as they have been around for awhile, maybe somebody can help me out.

I am burning with DVD decrypter, as well as ripping, and I have tried burning to ritek g05, which, after reading some posts about them being branded as such but made differently, switched to verbatim. the riteks were also 8x, which I read ps2 does not like, hence the 4x verbatim.

Well, no matter what I do, after hitting load program I either get an invalid ps2 disk, the screen flashes briefly with an image of the circle outlined in red and then goes black, or it just goes black.

I have read so many posts, and there is nothing I can see that I am doing wrong.

The only lead I got was on a sticky to one of these threads that said swap magic does not work with v7, but I never got a reply as to why.

I have since read a post by someone who uses swap magic with v7, but I really need some help here. I have tried these disk on two systems now.

The games I have tried are ape escape (2?), sly cooper 2, and killzone, which I understand has issues, but the other two do not.

Any ideas?

thanks

Last edited: Feb 5, 2005
  2. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

thats really odd, i have a v7 ps2 with smd3.3 they work perfect no problems whats so ever i think it's your system

3. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

what does that mean- my system.

I've tried it on two different ones and same results.

4. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

well really, there is nothing else to fix, as far as I can tell. I've let it sit for a few months because I was getting so aggravated, hours of reading amounting to nothing.

I brought it out now because it looks like more people have gotten this version...

Is it against forum rules to post this issue in multiple related forums? perhaps more people would see it and know what I should do...

5. Moniluve

Moniluve Member

i have the same version and the same damn thing. my screen says load program and not "insert disc". i'm about to take the damn thing back to the store..... aaauuughh!!!! and yes, this topic is on another forum because i also put it there. are you using the slide tool? i am. i was thinking maybe it's the version of swapmagic that's causing the problem. maybe it should be 2.0.

6. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

no, I'm using a fliptop.

It's supposed to say load program, if that is highlighted you select it by pressing x after you have swapped in your backup.

Alas,everyone elses in the world seems to work but mine...

7. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

thats messed and by system i mean your ps2, my v7 works PERFECTLY i boot up everysingle game i've had.

8. jiveturky

jiveturky Member

well, in case this helps anyone else out there-

the media I used that did NOT work are ridata 8x dvd-r and verbatim digital movie 4xdvd-r.

I got some verbatim 8x +R on clearance at $5 for 10, and it seems to do the trick, though sly cooper is freezing on a cut scene near the beginning of the game...

I can't get the burning speed below 2.4, and I know that this can be the case with cheap media but verbatim is supposedly top two...

the only other thing I can think of is my burner does not support anything under 2x, but I don't know how I would find that out...I put the verbatim digital movie dvd-r in , because it is a 4x, and that wouldn't burn below 4, so that didn't tell me anything.

so, it has to be either speed or format, but my ps reads both. do some games prefer - or +? if I can't lower the speed then I guess I'm screwed...

oh, I have a nec 2510a, if anyone knows...

9. Wallyman

Wallyman Member

I'm facing long load times with SM33 and a v7 (or a v9, I can't remember)... have you waited for an eternity when it just goes black? I'm seeing 1m55s and 2m30s load times to get to the first screen of the game... perhaps you just need to let it go and see if eventually it loads like mine?

I'm leaning on crap media for my problem, so I have some TY on it's way.. time will tell.

Might want to jsut wait and see what happens, it may eventually work.

Wallyman

10. zerosouls

zerosouls Guest

even on crap media it doesn't take that long, try using cd loader it it helped me with outlaw golf 2 took 30 min with out it took 1 min with it faster then the orginal

11. Wallyman

Wallyman Member

I thought the point of SM3.3 was that you didn't need external loaders? CDloader or DVDLoader.... I am going to try DVDLoader sometime soon, need to burn it to a disc.