1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smackdown vs Raw, Gameshark, Swap, Black Screen

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by shamgod, Nov 13, 2004.

1. shamgod

shamgod Member

Please bear with me as I am a "noob"

I own Smackdown vs Raw and recently got a backup copy. I use the "swap method" with a gameshark disc and real ps2 game (Xenosaga ver USA). This works for every other backup I have, Smackdown: HCTP, Sengoku Mousu, LOTR: return of the King, ect. Smackdown vs Raw is the only game that starts to load but turns black after making a little noise (loading?) and then nothing.

I read a couple other threads and there was something about high TOC? Well that, I assume isn't the problem because Xenosaga has a much higher one than Smackdown vs Raw I think. http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/31557

And another thread said I should change media. I don't know what that means.

The DVD-R is called "Melody" and I don't burn the games myself (I bought all mine at the same store). The game worked on the store owner's ps2 but it was a non-swap one and I get no refund.

What I do is:
    1.Put GS disk in and hold reset as the PS2 resets
    2.Still holding reset the GS disk loads
    3.Still holding reset I press eject and swap the GS disk with the Xenosaga disk (real ps2 game)
    4.I wait for Xenosaga to load in
    5.I go "load game without cheats", release reset and swap disks.
    6. I press X

This works for all my other games. The real copy of SD vs RAW works as well

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. bammi

bammi Member

Hello,
    Can you tell me how to use the gameshark with my backups using magic disk? The codes don't seem to be taking. Thank you.