1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small/Medium HDTV

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by emachine, Oct 23, 2006.

1. emachine

emachine Guest

What did you end up with?

2. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

At first I went with the Mitsu 65732. This is one of those interesting points I mentioned above: there is a 65731 and a WD65, both successively "lower" models, although you would never know by looking at them. They all have the same "shell" and are 65". The confusing part for the uninformed consumer comes in when they walk int BB or CC and see a 65" mitsu for $200-400 dollars less than some other place, not realizing it is a cheaper model. I eventually decided it was slightly too large for my living room (I never thought I'd say that!). So after more research I went with the Sony KDS 60A2000. A really nice T.V. Another point here: the price for this set varied by as much as $700. I actually bought it online and saved hundreds more in tax and got free shipping. Don't forgret to factor in the extra cost of tax/cables/peripheral stuff like new DVD player, surround sound, etc. It's easy to go overboard!

3. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

@ChiknLitl

I have the same model as you and it's great here too. Gotta love the Sony SXRD's.

4. emachine

emachine Guest

Well I have my hi-def dvd players, (PS3 and 360 LOL!) I really like those sony bravidas I think they're called. They're kind of heavy but seem to have the best picture. I plan on hooking my PC up to it also. When I get it its going to be awesome, a 32 LCD with a PS3, 360 and Decent PC hooked up. All in my room! LOL

I plan on buying on ebay, but sometimes stores have great sales, and what not. The only thing is I'll wait for a while if the price is going to keep dropping. I mean I don't want to buy a 900 dollar tv and next week see its going for 700. So I guess just wait until when? Lazers come out? Or what?

5. eatsushi

eatsushi Regular member

6. consul

consul Regular member

99% of tv screens developed and produced by LG. Founded in 1947 Lucky Chemicals merged with Goldstar Inc. Sony and Phillips do tend to try and make thier own but to cut costs in the last 20 years Sony and Phillips do combine a lot of research and development.
    Believe it or not CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) TV may still win the day. One of the problems has all ways been the bigger the screen size the deeper the tube but my last years (I was there 17 years) of working for the vacuum company that produced the pumps that made the tubes and LCD and Plasma coating systems there was talk of making a tv with hundreds of small tubes in place of 1 large so decreasing the depth.
    At the end of the day get out to the shops and see the LCD or Plasma in action but do make sure they show you it in Digital and if poss HD

7. emachine

emachine Guest

What is the best 32 inch lcd brand name, like give me the top few of each brand? Than I'll watch them on ebay and see if I can get a deal.

8. champ088

champ088 Member

i got a question my 52inch rca projection hdtv has really dark color whenever you sit on the floor but whenever you sit on the couch it gets much brighter why is this and can i do something about it to fix this problem.

9. emachine

emachine Guest

Is it the angle you are looking at it? Like if its on the coach you probably are looking straight at it, but if its on the floor, you might just be getting glare. Try moving it around until you get it adjusted.

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

guys...thread title is .... 'small/medium hdtv'....

11. emachine

emachine Guest

Lol we were on subject until mr. big screen needed help. But serriously now anyone want rid of there 32 in lcd?

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

not me, my 32" Samsung is here to stay

13. emachine

emachine Guest

Man you need a bigget tv than that! How about giving me your 32 for uhh 450 and than you can go get like a beast 62 dlp!

14. ChiknLitl

ChiknLitl Regular member

I don't know if I am "mr. big screen" but I guess I got the thread a little off topic. The spirit of my original post was not restricted to only big screen tele's. That is, shop around, etc.

15. emachine

emachine Guest

hehe I was just shifting the blame.

16. maks_maks

maks_maks Guest