1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small Movie Projector

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Sled, Mar 15, 2005.

1. Sled

Sled Guest

Hope this hasn't been asked too many times. But I backed up the movie "Without a Paddle" and at various places in the movie a small projector shows up on screen and it seams to have something to do with angles. I don't know what caused it to start showing up. I know I used either AnyDVD, DVD Shrink or DVD Decypter to back it up but cant remember which at this time. I seen a post a while back about this problem but at the time no one came up with an answer. Does anyone know what is causing this. I cant seem to get it to clear off of the screen and it always comes up at the same points in the movie. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Thats the icon that pops up to allow selection of a different camera angle. They should only show up if you select "angle" with your remote. Thats how mine works at any rate.

I backed up the same movie using Shrink/Nero and have not had that occur. It may be aspecific feature on your DVD player that picks up available alternate angles and is just letting you know that one is available.
    This is from a review of a Philips DVDR985:
    "but the real problem is that the alternate-angle box appears whenever the option is available on any DVD—and it can't be disabled. According to Philips, an upcoming version of the software will include a switch to turn off this feature, but for now, it sure is annoying."

You can use something like Ifoedit to remove angles. Its a bit involved though.

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/scenaid.htm
    Waaay to much work for that movie...

If your original is not doing it but only the copy, I'd probably just try and re-rip the thing, probably with Decrypter in file mode rather than making an ISO Image. Do any of your other copies do this?

Frank