1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

small text in games using 3.40oe-a

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by tripleoh, Aug 29, 2007.

1. tripleoh

tripleoh Member

I was playing mhf2 and noticed the text was so small it was hard to read, so i poped it in my other psp with 3.52m33 and the text is now readable, i would like to know how to fix this, besides just using it on my other psp, ty for reading

2. foxrider

foxrider Guest

so its a umd? or an iso? idk how this could happen cause i thought the games font had nothing to do with the xmb

3. tripleoh

tripleoh Member

iso, i know its werid, but the problem was fixed using the game on a different cfw, but still i miss my 3.40oe-a and this is a problem for right now, makes me wonder if text was affected in other games and i didnt notice, cause i didnt have the other psp up and running at the time, ty for ur quick response

4. tripleoh

tripleoh Member

bump... need help on this one ppls, and no dg,then uping agian is not an option ( lazy )

5. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

Assuming you have not tried to modify the flash for a custom XMB, it could be corruption or parity-check error. You could check this by downloading and running 1.50 Recovery Winstaller. Then downgrade back to 1.50 Official. Once you've done this, go into USB Mode. On the computer, go to Start/My Computer. Right-click on the drive letter that is your PSP and select Format. Please ensure that "Quick Format" is UNCHECKED and then click start. Now go back into the PSP and go to Settings/System Settings/Format. The format in Windows will erase your memory stick and do a scan to ensure the memory stick is not physically damaged or fragmented. Now, install 3.40 OE-A. If it still does it, try upgrading to 3.52 M33-4. If you are forced to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 and it still does it, then you would be looking at physical corruption in the flash ... but one step at a time.

6. plop69

plop69 Member

im having a similar problem with my psp but im on cfw 3.52 m33-4 and when i play my mhf(not mhf2) the text is way to small... and next to the UMD game loading area and the update loader has a small upright rectangle... i would post how it looks but i can put that symbol wile im on fire fox.....any one now how i can fix this

7. Renatou

Renatou Member

I had the same problem, I've just moved back all the ORIGINAL FONTS content to the Font Folder, and the game suddenly worked, now I can read all with no problems, some people told me that, by changing kernel to 1.50 might work, but well.. give a try in both options. I had dumped the my fonts, this is why moving back the whole 3.38mb of fonts made it work