1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smaller HD DVD Displays ???

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by ofield, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ofield

ofield Regular member

Hello Everyone.
    Is it true that on smaller HDTV Displays the picture is not as good?
    I have a 26" HDTV, not used HDTV on it yet. But if this is true then
    why do the top sellers even sell this size such as Sony Bravia, etc.
    That would be just a waist.

Thanks for any help.

2. byngo

byngo Regular member

IMO it would seem that the most significant differences in video quality between SD and HD can be most appreciated on a large screen.
    Particulary if you consider how poor SD could look scaled on a large screen, therfore the benefits of HD are greater if you have a large screen.
    I have studied HD being displayed in the high street and notice they dont generally display it on screens less than 37".
    I also observed that whilst the quality was very good, particularly when I was stood 3 feet from a 42" screen and the picture looked flawless, I am however not convinced yet by HD.
    This is because I have a 32" HD LCD and when I play most movies, particularly fully computer animated ones, via HDMI on my upscalling panasonic DVR, the picture really is very good and the leap in HD quality Im sure would not be appreciated over what I already have and especially since the players, and the Films are not very cheap.