1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart idea to start modding my Wii for Metroid Prime 3?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by jim200, Aug 9, 2007.

1. jim200

jim200 Member

I really want to get Metroid Prime 3, and all this discussion of the Wii modding scene becoming more supported with Wiikey updates, and the 3.0 update NOT bricking systems (right?) makes me want to try it myself.

Main Question: Should I invest in modding my wii right now for Metroid Prime 3 (and possibly Super Paper Mario), or should I wait till it gets easier with a non-solder mod chip?

I hope one will come out soon!

Thanks much in advance by the way :)

2. picabotwo

picabotwo Member

I would suggest unless you are VERY good at soldering I would not attempt to mod your wii. The install is not that bad, just very small points. If you have one of the newer cut pins wii, its a super pain. The problem pretty soon Nintendo is coming out with the D2C chipset which does not have the same debug pins/traces. That will make all the current mod chips obsoltete. So modchip makers probably will have little incentive to make a solderless chip for legacy wii's.

So after saying all that..... take it to someone to get it modded. Won't cost more then 60 bucks or so which is just over the cost of one game!

3. dazila

dazila Regular member

If you are looking at those 2 games why not just buy the original i know i have a modded ps2 but i bought all my fave games its just something if you like the game in 15 years time for me when i have my kids and about 6-7 years old i will feel much better showing them my Gran Turismo 3 and 4 which would be nearly 20 years old then and telling them how amazing the game was and it has all of the booklets and case in there rather then burning the games that you love the most and showing it to someone liek mayeb your future kids and saying this is what i played and its a White Prinatble disc saying "Metroid Prime 3" written with a marker.
    I ahvent modded my wii and i dont plan to.

4. jim200

jim200 Member

Alright, I just won't bother if it's that cumbersome to mod the Wii.

Since Nintendo keeps updating their system to battle modding and they have the software updates which could render the Wii literally immobile (the disc drive, haha), I don't think I'll bother.

Smart choice?

5. dazila

dazila Regular member

its up to you but you do have to be much much much more carefull then on the previous gen due to updates every disc you need to make sure has no update or has your regions update so it dosent brick the wii.