1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smart ripper questions

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by plasmannc, Feb 16, 2003.

1. plasmannc

plasmannc Member

I recently ripped a DVD with smart ripper using the "movie" tab. This created a series of 5 *.vob files.

If I restart and select "files" tab it shows the .vob files previously mentioned but also six other files 2 with *.bup, 2 with *.ifo, and 2 more with *.vob unselected. It seems these files contain the menu and intros.

When ripping a DVD that will be converted to an SVCD with DVDtoSVCD should I rip all of the files noted above?

When then running the DVDtoSVCD program which of the *.ifo files should be loaded?

In order to get an exact copy of a DVD to archive on a SVCD do all files need to be ripped?

Hope this makes some sense

Thanks

2. wripper

wripper Guest

hi in my experence i have foud you need to use all the VOB files if you want to make an exaxct copy that is if you want to include the special features etc.If you only want the main movie use the default settings
    Hope this helps

3. Sefy

Sefy Guest

If you just want the movie from the DVD you need to use "Movie" option, but if you want to backup the DVD into a DVDR, then you use the "Files" or "Backup" modes.