1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartripper 2.41 - aspi driver problem

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by paresh, Oct 11, 2003.

1. paresh

paresh Member

hi i have been using the smartripper fpr quite some time now, but of late i cannot rip a DVD from my laptop (toshiba) cdrw drive, its the aspi driver i think i installed i have version 4.70, when i verified the drivers i got the following message " ASPI is not properly installed. One or more components have been replaced with older versions of the software."
    If any one can help me out i'd appreciate it, thanks in advance.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

3. paresh

paresh Member

Thanks for the info it worked just fine.
    Any suggestions for burning DVD's, after ripping them i usually convert them to Divx (using Dvdx) form but for some reason i cannot get the movie to fit onto i cd,take care!!

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Last edited: Oct 13, 2003
  5. voyager20

voyager20 Guest

Where do I put the aspi zip file after I unzip it? Tried putting it in same folder as smartripper but I still get the no aspi adapter error message when I pop in a dvd?

HELP!!!!

6. Praetor

Run the ASPI32.exe file and everything should be set :)

7. withdrawn

withdrawn Member

it doesn't seem to work for me. when unzipped files, there is no such name as aspi32.exe, the only executable file is named wow.exe. i even tried that-after virus check cleared and nothing happened. i can rip-and then make vob files, but then can't convert to mpg. program doesn't recognize it. and if i leave it as avi then my Media Player doesn't recognize it either. what to do...

btw my system is- Sony Laptop P4 2.4G,1GRAM,Toshiba DVD-rw/cd-rw sd-r6012

any help would be greatly appreciated.

8. withdrawn

withdrawn Member

oops, sorry about the double post. clicked once too many.

9. Praetor

Hehe... what double post? :p

You sure you got the right download? Visit: http://cd-rw.org/articles/archive/aspisetup.cfm for the full scoop on ASPI. If none of them work for you, leave me your email in a PM and I'll email ya the 4.60 (1021). :) Best of luck!

Instruction on ASPI 4.71.2
    Follow the first link on the ASPI page i pointed out earlier and download the ASPI 4.71.2. This is 510KB self-extracting EXE. Extract it to a folder somewhere, say your desktop. Now in that folder you will find a file called aspichk.exe . Run this and if all the version numbers are not identical then your ASPI isnt installled correctly. To install them run aspiinst.exe and you will need to reboot. Run aspichk.exe again to confirm the version numbers.

10. withdrawn

withdrawn Member

hmmmm...

thanx for deleting the double post.

well, i managed to install the aspi layer, however i still cannot convert w/ TMPGEnc, it says "D:\my stuff\test.01.avi"can not open or unsupported. where is that "01" coming from? i didn't name it that. and if i tried opening it w/ Windows Media, it says it can't find the file, make sure the path is correct or some crap. think something's just wrong w/ my system? I run WinXP home edition, forgot to mention that.

11. Praetor

1. Try opening it with VirtualDUB (drag and drop)
    2. Run it with GSpot and/or AVICodec to see if you have all the codecs
    3. For a complete listing of almost every codec required to watch a movie and the order to install them in... pay a visit to http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/48608

12. withdrawn

withdrawn Member

thanx for your help, unfortunately it's still the same problems. i ran Gspot and it doesn't recognize the files, same as VirtualDub. i think i'll stop here, before anything else goes wrong. i'm gonna restore my system back a few days cuz ever since i installed edonkey (overnet)P2P program, its been acting weird. i appreciate your time. thank you.

13. withdrawn

withdrawn Member

my email is << no emails plz... it's for your own good, really it is. -Praetor >>

none of the steps above helped. even restoring system back a week.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2003