1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartripper and Directors Commentary and Audio

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by rambo15, Feb 12, 2004.

1. rambo15

rambo15 Member

I have just started to backup my dvds on to vcd using my cdrw burner. I use smart ripper and dvdx for this. The first couple of dvds worked very good but now i keep getting the directors commentary instead of the main movie. Then i read one of the forum messages and i unchecked the 2 chanel selection on the steam processing option and that took the commentary off but then with the 6 ch the words were not in sync with the actual movie. Any Solutions. I am new to this. Thanks alot.

2. DaOsT

DaOsT Regular member

don't do it onto cd's Myself so not much use .....but someone called Minion knows alot of stuff like that unsure if he knows this specifically ....but when I read his posts he is very very good
    DaOsT

3. rambo15

rambo15 Member

Thanks alot,. I guess i'll look for Minion then.

4. MPenza

MPenza Member

Most of programs for decoding does not reckognize AC3 sound if the sound id compressed (mastered) with VBR (variable bit rate). Try to use some sound-editing program (like Sonic Foundry Sound Forge). Also, try to use trully AC3 decoder/coder (not only filter).

5. RNF1968

RNF1968 Regular member

I would use DVD Decryptor. I have never had a problem with it. I made the switch over from Smartripper becuase of weird issues like that. I beleive the way around it in Smartripper is to enable stream processing and then just check off the first two boxes. Box one being the video and box two being the audio.

6. j4k3

j4k3 Member