1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartripper speed...

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Cyruz, Sep 1, 2002.

1. Cyruz

Cyruz Member

When I rip a DVD in smartripper, it only reads the DVD in 0,6-0,7 X..... seems to me that it is a little low speed, and I've read about others that have ripped DVD's much faster.....anyone know what the problem is ??

2. pipster

pipster Guest

You could have a check in the settings to see what the vob file access is set at , it might be worth a try at changing it . It might also be worth changing or updating your ASPI layer.
    Just so you can compare a 104 will rip a dual layer DVD at a constant 2 speed and a single layer starts at about 2 speed and gradually gains speed until by the end of the movie it can be as high as 7 maybe 8 speed

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I have a 104 pipster , what is the latest update you speak of [aspi layer wise I mean]. I had only just read about aspi layer needed for DVD Decrypter. I have a version of NeroDVD (although I may need to uninstall NeroCD first?) , I also managed to grab Smartripper 4.1 , DVD Genie [was told to get Pioneer Genie] 5 attempts at region swapping is majorally lame!! Any answers greatfully appreciated herbsman!: ]-~

4. DOT

DOT Guest

Hy CYRUZ, I had the same problem: ripping got fixed at speed of 2.7x. After changing smartrippers settings from 'auto' or 'aspi' into 'normal', ripping runs up to 10x-12x.
    Make sure, that U-DMA for your dvd-drive is enabled and with Win2k make sure, that both IDE-controllers are set to U-DMA.
    Last but not least check the priority-settings for your drive in the bios.