1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smartripper V2.41 won't backup audio off dvd video only

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by gerst1, Dec 8, 2003.

1. gerst1

gerst1 Member

I have been useing smartripper for some time and just tried to backup my dvd anime of Metropolis and the video will work but not the audio. i spent several hours using differant ways but all failed, i also tried claddvd.net and it failed to pull the audio as well. any suggestions

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Are you sure that the audio is not there?? Cuz maybe you just do not have the Correct decoder installed to hear the audio because to Play standard DVD audio(AC3) on a PC you will need to have an AC3 decoder installed...In Smartripper when you go to stream Proscessing what does it say about the audio format?? and Have you tried demuxing the Audio to a seperate File with Smartripper???

3. gerst1

gerst1 Member

It is wierd, the audio will work on the extras but not the main movie. if you try to pick an audio while the vcd is playing the video will lock up. when you open the audio section of smartripper there are a bunch of audio to pick but i tried some of them or all of them and still the same result. i put a differant DVD in and smartripper pulled the audio and video without a snag. this is the only one that has given me this trouble. No i did not try to demux the audio into a differant file. i have never had to do that before.