1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SmartRipper .Vob Files and DVD-R's

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by WooDooUK, Dec 30, 2004.

1. WooDooUK

WooDooUK Guest

Hi, all. Unable to find a search function on this forum so here goes :D EDIT: *found it*

I have a few movies that were ripped with SmartRipper to a single .Vob file.

Is it possible to burn these strait to a DVD? Nero wont accept them as they are over 2GB and Winavi wont convert them to avi files.

Any Idea's?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2004
  2. john179

john179 Active member

Movies should not be ripped as a single vob file as far as i'm aware.You should rip all files to a single folder and if over 4.37gb compressed with something like shrink or one2one then put through Nero.Then you should be able to burn with Nero.If you have ripped incorrect you will need to re rip as Nero will only reconize if it is set out in the correct format.

3. WooDooUK

WooDooUK Guest

Yeah that would have made sense and thats how i would have done it but i didn't rip them :D

So is there nothing i can do with these files?

4. john179

john179 Active member

If they were dl file you might want to convert the files with something like winavi or mainconcept to a format Nero will reconize.

5. the1blast

the1blast Guest

Use DVD Shrink to rerip from files making smaller files <4gb