1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMARTRIPPER

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by burghy, Jan 14, 2003.

1. burghy

burghy Member

hi just started to try and use my dvd+r drive when using smartripper get a "no aspi adaptor" available Help would be much appreciated Thanks

2. sirmugen

sirmugen Regular member

Try this... play the movie first on your computer for like 2 mins. Then close it and start up SmartRipper.

Good Luck

sirmugen

3. burghy

burghy Member

Thanks for your help it now says sum files wernt unlocked try to unlock with a player?

4. burghy

burghy Member

should i just buy DVDXCOPY ?

5. risky4me

risky4me Guest

What operating system do you have? Check the boards. There is a post on checking for and installing an aspi layer, I think its on Doom9(.org). This layer is require by both Smartripper or Decryptor.

Try www.doom9.org/aspi.htm (You might find the same download elsewhere on this site.)

6. elgordo12

elgordo12 Guest

Very simple (using 2.41). If it says cant find aspi just ignore it and click ok. If it reads and says they are locked, then just start your dvd software and play the dvd. Then click reply while it is playing. It will unlock all of them. Stop the dvd and then continue with the rip.

7. risky4me

risky4me Guest

DVD XCopy works well for me (no coasters and only one old movie that it encountered an error on the disc). If you have the time and resources, you can rip, strip and burn using the downloads from this site.

XCopy does all the work for you (at a cost=$100). However, it will not compress the video stream to fit on one DVD disc. If necessary, it will use two. If this disturbs you, then check the guides elsewhere on this site and learn how to use Decryptor (or Smartripper)and the other related programs used to edit and compress the files to fit on a single disc.

8. burghy

burghy Member

thanks for your help