1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMD cant boot my backup. Ps2 can read disk

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by any01, May 23, 2004.

1. any01

any01 Member

This has probably been answered before but please help me out.
    I am trying to play a cd backup of James bond everything or nothing but swap magic 3 cant boot the disk.
    I tried putting the disk in without using swap mgic to see if the ps2 can read the disk. It works but swap magic cant boot it. The screen just turns red and the cd keeps spinning.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

007 everything or nothing requires the use of cdloader to boot with swapmagic check out swapmagic fix there's a link below

3. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

just re read your question sorry the info above is wrong you said a cd backup so i assume you mean a dvd rip in which case either its a bad rip you have got or if the file size is above 632mb(approx)you need to use breaker pro in conjunction with swapmagic 3 to boot your rip

4. any01

any01 Member

Yeah I meant it was a dvd rip. The cd is larger than your aprroximate so I guess I need a breaker pro.
    I also tried using Cdloader but when I load Cdloader all the options are blank. How do I get the different fixes to show up?
    Thanks once again

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  5. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

all the different fixes are only avalible in the v7all version of cdloader if you have got the orignal cdloader for the v1-6 ps2 there are no sub menu options avalible as those versions of ps2 don't need them.to access the submenu on cdloader v7all all you need to do is press x when cdloader has booted but as i said before you only need the submenu options if you have a v7+ ps2