1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SMD v3.2+fliptop help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by fluc02, Feb 22, 2004.

1. fluc02

fluc02 Member

I have a version 1 PS2 with a fliptop and Swap Magic Disks. Every time I put in a disc now it makes this strange clicking noise but it reads it correctly anyway usually. The problem I'm having is after the SMD asks to inssert a game and I put one in and press X before it spins the disk or reads it at all it immediately boots to a red-colored screen, then it starts to read it and a border comes up with various colors flashing. I have not been able to get any game to boot. I used addzero and cdrwin to make and burn the images and have tried hp and imation disks

2. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

I'm having te same problem.I have a version 3 ps2 and I'm using nero both for creating images and burning.I'm sure it's not because of bad media. I'm using the same media (memorex) to backup my psx games and have always been able to boot them up using the sbox chip. But my cd-r based ps2 games simply won't boot when using smd and fliptop.

3. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

Are you using 80min. cd-r discs? I am and that's probably the cause of my problem 'cause I just read on the official swap magic 3 site that swap magic only works with 65min. cd-r's.

4. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

I meant 74min discs instead of 65min discs. Anyway it doesn't matter what discs u use what does is how much you burn on it.You can't go over 650mb or 74min.I managed to succesfully boot my first ps2 cd based game.I just made a 1:1 copie without creating an image first and that seemed to solve the problem.Sorry for the wrong info I first gave u.