1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

smiley face in task bar?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hanna7606, Jan 13, 2007.

1. hanna7606

hanna7606 Member

I had been talking to a friend of a friend who mentioned a program that works in conjunction with dvd shrink. It puts a smiley face in your task bar and turns green when you can copy the movie. Does anyone have a clue what the name of that program might be? It sounded as if it could really help me get past my stumbling block but I can't for the life of me remember the name of the program.

2. Cinch

Cinch Regular member

Probably not what you are looking for, but AnyDVD (which breaks encryption and works great with DVD Shrink) puts a little red fox head in your task bar.

I have personally not heard of a smiley face program though.

3. alamo55

alamo55 Member

The Green Smiley Face sounds like DVD43 a free decryption program that is no longer updated. You can use RipIt4Me with DVD Decrypter, and FIXVTS with DVD Shrinks and they are all FREE and do a great juob.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  5. hanna7606

hanna7606 Member

Thanks for all of your help! Dvd 43 is the program he mentioned. Is ripit4me a program you would recommend instead of dvd43?

6. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

I highly recommend DVDFab Decrypter and RipIt4Me -- both are 2 of the greatest FREE rippers at the moment. Both frequently updated just to handle anything (even new released) out there. Been using these 2 awesome free rippers for ages and they have never let me down.

Best of luck!!

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I agree with alkohol. Ripit4me is all I use anymore. Ripit4me is a standalone ripping utility that is frequently updated. It also incorperates fixvts to clean up the ripped files and repair any structural problems. Dvd43 runs in the background of another ripping utility and is no longer updated.